Gay and being spiritual ? Deep thoughts that I have sometime

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Re: Gay and being spiritual ? Deep thoughts that I have some

Post by Nihal Singh Kanakpuria »

Romesh Kumar wrote:
I do not think if Gurus have ever endorsed any unnatural act. If there is no specific mention or talk about unnatural acts, that does not mean an endorsement but means that that is not Gurus and scriptures use to preach and talk about.
Thanks

What do you mean by unnatural act ?

You mean homosexuality doesn't exists in animals ? if you think that way then refer the link below. Or you mean its unnatural coz it doesn't result in procreation ? Not every sexual intercourse between a man and women results in procreation, is that act Unnatural ? Since decades there is no need for sex for procreation at all what are those acts.

Or is it Unnatural according to the current blend of biblical and Hindus-tic legal system imposed on all Indians ?

Non practicing Sikhs are giving their views on what Guru endorsed and What they didn't, shouldn't moderators be asking a link ? Some members are tirelessly working to hollow the Sikh community by spreading lies and unchecked facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual ... in_animals

-Nihal
nanuckpunthee
Active Forum User

Post by nanuckpunthee »

singh245 wrote:Yes being gay is a sin... Sex for pleasure is a sin. Sex for procreation is not.
As per 21st Charitra, sex for pleasure is not wrong unless it is between two legitimate partners:

ਨਿਜ ਨਾਰੀ ਕੇ ਸਾਥ ਨੇਹੁ ਤੁਮ ਨਿਤ ਬਢੈਯਹੁ। ਪਰ ਨਾਰੀ ਕੀ ਸੇਜ ਭੂਲਿ ਸੁਪਨੇ ਹੂੰ ਨ ਜੈਯਹੁ।

sex with an illigitimate partner, whether for pleasure, procreation or prostitution is prohibited.

So, in my humble opinion, if two legitimate Gay partners are doing sex for pleasure that can't be considered wrong.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Post by Romesh Kumar »

Nihal Singh Kanakpuria wrote:What do you mean by unnatural act ?
You mean homosexuality doesn't exists in animals ? if you think that way then refer the link below. Or you mean its unnatural coz it doesn't result in procreation ? Not every sexual intercourse between a man and women results in procreation, is that act Unnatural ? Since decades there is no need for sex for procreation at all what are those acts.
Different people have different views on same matter, that is how and why matters come in discussion forums.
Gay and spiritual terms apply to humans, not to non-human animals.
Topic being in sikhnet, naturally asks of Sikh perspective and that of Sikh clergy of today on this/gay marriage etc matters. Sikhs must be knowing that.
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria wrote:Or is it Unnatural according to the current blend of biblical and Hindus-tic legal system imposed on all Indians ?
It is unnatural and abnormal according to the nature of normal human being (social animals) created by Creator. Laws of lands are based on that to try to protect people from abnormal and unnatural activity. Sikhs will follow what Akal Takhat or SGPC says about this.
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria wrote:Non practicing Sikhs are giving their views on what Guru endorsed and What they didn't, shouldn't moderators be asking a link ? Some members are tirelessly working to hollow the Sikh community by spreading lies and unchecked facts.
To straighten or check the facts, can you or other practicing Sikh members please provide a link and enlighten on what Sikh Gurus have said on this/gay matter, Or what does Sikh clergy of today say about this ?
Thanks
[email protected]
New User

Post by [email protected] »

I accept you for who you are and see you as a friend.
God is Nirvair which mean's he has no hate and sikhi teaches me to instill his virtues in myself.

Good Luck in your journey of Life