Film Festival Results Announced
CONGRATULATIONS to all the participants! All of us at SikhNet consider ALL of the films to be winners! Each and every film is unique and interesting in it's own way. The festival was designed to encourage and inspire our youth to get involved in media and film and use their creativity to produce interesting and educational pieces designed to spread the spirit of Sikhi. This has happened with great success!
The competition part for prizes is only there to help motivate youth to take the time to produce something of quality. Plus, it can be fun to compete and have a chance to win cash prizes!
We hope that all the viewer's and participants feel encouraged as to the power of making a short video/film to communicate a message, and that you don't need to be a "professional" to do so. We plan to hold another online youth film festival in 2009 and we welcome you to participate!
We hope you'll take the time to watch all the films, read the comments by others and share your own thoughts about each of the videos submitted to the film festival. This gives valuable encouragement to the producers and promotes dialog on the topic of the film.
The winners of the 2008 SikhNet Youth Film Festival Competition are as follows:
INTERMEDIATE DIVISION (18 – 25 years old)
- First Place ($1000 US Dollars) - "35" by Raj Singh, from Boerne,Texas - United States
- Second Place ($500 US Dollars) - "The Warrior" by Jatinder Kaur, Navpreeth Kaur, and Anjupreeth Kaur - West Midlands, Midlands, United Kingdom
- Third Place ($250 US Dollars) – "Panj Kahaniyan" by Gagandeep Kaur, from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
JUNIOR DIVISION (11 – 17 years old)
- First Place ($500 US Dollars) - "Roots and Wings" by Angad Singh, from Roswell, GA, United States
- Second Place ($250 US Dollars) - "Teri Mardi Jawe Ma" by Lovejot and Sahebir Singh, from Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Delhi, India
- Third Place ($125 US Dollars) – "Think Olympics" by Kirat Singh, Westbury, Union City, CA, United States
SENIOR DIVISION (26 and older)
- First Place - "Healthy, Happy, Holy" by Adithya Sambamurthy, from Oakland, CA, United Sates
- Second Place - "The Power of the Media" by Dr Savi S Arora, London, Middlesex, United Kingdom
- Third Place – "Turban Tying Pride" by Savraj Singh, from Pennington, NJ, United States