Here at SikhNet, we've had many requests to make the "Inspirations" series of videos on Sikhi available on DVD. Although a lot of work is involved in editing and production, we have finally gone ahead and done the work required to make them available to you.
This series is a collection of informal short educational and inspirational interviews with different teachers. The topics range from spirituality, lifestyle, Sikhism, meditation, health and other areas. There are currently five volumes (5 DVDs) organized into different themes and total over sixty (60) high-quality videos. If you haven't seen any of these videos before you can watch some of them online.
Order the complete five disk DVD set for $94 or purchase them individually below.
Profits from your purchases go to support the SikhNet website. SikhNet is a non-profit organization which sole purpose is to "Share the Sikh Experience".
Volume 1 - Lifestyle
The basis of the Sikh Lifestyle explained clearly and lovingly. Everything we do as Sikhs has both a Divine purpose and a practical purpose. We are very practical people by nature, but also very elevated and expansive in our awareness and understanding. These talks are both simple and deep at the same time. The essence of Sikhi as a Dharma.
Topics on this DVD
- Bana (in Punjabi) - by Chardikala Jatha - CK Jatha's personal connection to Bana and Sikhism
- Bana and the Sikh identity - by Guruka Singh - The technology of Bana, and the self-discipline.
- Banis and the time of day - by Guruka Singh - Explanation of the different Banis, their virtues and ralation to time.
- Getting up early in the morning - by Guruka Singh - Motivation to wake in the Amrit Vela, and the reasons for doing it.
- Hydrotherapy - cold shower - by Guruka Singh - The reasons for doing Ishnaan from a scientific point of view.
- Priceless - by Satbir Singh - Spoof of the Master Card commercials that shows pride for Sikhism.
- Sadhana - by S.S.S. Harbhajan Singh Khalsa - How your Sadhana relates to ourselves and our lives.
- Sadhana, Aradhana, Prabhupati - by Guruka Singh - Explanation on the different levels of spiritual commitment.
- The Beard and its purpose - by Guruka Singh - Explanation on the purpose of Kesh for men.
- Be a Lighthouse - by Inspirational video excerpts from lectures by S.S.S. Harbhajan Singh Khalsa about being leaders and being a lighthouse of inspiration to all people.
- Vandh Chakna - by Guruka Singh - Talk about what Prosperity is, and the role Dasvandh plays in our lives.
- Year-end SikhNet video presentation
Volume 2 - Philosophy
Sikh thought and philosophy through personal experience leads to understanding. We understand by standing under. That is, it is our humility at every moment before the wonder of God's creation that allows us to live in joy and with an attitude of gratitude. These talks discuss some of the challenges that come our way when we live as Sikhs of the Guru, along with how to surmount them.
Topics on this DVD
- Being with the Sadh Sangat - by Guruka Singh - On the subject of the the company that we keep, and keeping the company of the holy.
- Ceremony or Ritual - by Guruka Singh - The technology behind ceremonies like Amrit Sanchar.
- Gora Sikh (in Punjabi) - by Chardikala Jatha - A talk about how Americans came into Sikhi and that we can take inspiration from that.
- Judgement of Others - by Guruka Singh - How we tend to judge and be critical, and the perfections of Godâ€™s creation
- Love of Gurbani (in Punjabi) - by Chardikala Jatha - CK Jatha talks about why/how they came to learn Raag and be Hazoori Ragis.
- Remembering Gods Gift to you - by Guruka Singh - A talk about â€œSatigur Prasadâ€.
- The Five Challenges - by Guruka Singh - How to deal with the 5 vices â€œLust, Anger, Greed, Pride, and Attachmentâ€.
- The Stage of Fanaticism - by Guruka Singh - The natural process of growth and tendency of fanatacism.
- Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh - by Guruka Singh - What our intentions are behind our Khalsa greeting, and the meaning of it.
- What is Guru? - by Guruka Singh
- What is Naam? - by Guruka Singh
- Why I became a Sikh - by Guruka Singh - Guruka Singhâ€™s story of how he came from being a normal American to being a Sikh.
- Why I am a Sikh - by Chardikala Jatha - CK Jatha talks about how they feel being born into Sikhism.
- Your unique Identity as a Sikh - by Sat Sang Singh - A talk about the challenge of keeping the Sikh identity vs. fitting in.
- The Many Faces of SikhNet - Year-end SikhNet video presentation with intro about SikhNet by Guruka Singh
Volume 3 - Life, Family, Relationships
We are ourselves in relation to others. Understanding the sacred space and grace of human relationships. We all live in relationship to each other. Son, daughter, mother, father, sister, brother, husband and wife and on and on. We have close relationships, work relationships, school relationships and even mates that stick with us through our entire lifetime. But our deepest relationship is our relationship with our own self and with our Guru. That relationship is the basis of all other successful relationships. In these talks we delve into all of these relationships to gain understanding and insight.
Topics on this DVD
- Anand Karaj - by Shanti Kaur - An explanation of the Sikh marriage ceremony.
- Anchor Points of Your Life - by Guruka Singh - The things in our lives that give it purpose.
- Blood Family and Spiritual Family - by Guruka Singh - Family in relation to Dharma and Karma.
- Effective Communication - by Guruka Singh - Some tips and insights on communication.
- Fate and Destiny - by Guruka Singh
- Finding your Direction - by Guruka Singh & Guru Darshan Kaur - A capture of an impromptu discussion about spirituality at SikhNet.
- Karma and Dharma in your life - by Guruka Singh - A talk about Karma, Dharma, and waking up in the Amrit Vela.
- Legacy vs. Lineage - by Guruka Singh - The value of a legacy that doesnâ€™t come from a blood line.
- The Role of Women - by Guruka Singh - A direct and clear statement about the unequivocal equality of women.
- The Stages of Life - by Guruka Singh - Description about the different stages of life from birth until death.
- Transforming Sexual Feelings - by Guruka Singh - The relationship of your own creative energy and how you deal with it.
- Why Worry? - by Guruka Singh - A soothing talk about being present with the Naam and with the presence of God.
- Youth and Relationships - by Guruka Singh - The importance of first developing a relationship with yourself.
- The Many Faces of SikhNet - by Video showing images of Sikhs from all over the world morphing from one to the next.
Volume 4 - Meditation
In life, meditation is essential. Without it our mind becomes our master and we live miserably. Just as we wash our body and brush our teeth so we can be clean and sweet-smelling, just so, our mind must also be cleaned. When the mind is dirty - filled with negative thoughts and fantasies, then we live in a constant state of unhappiness and people do not want to be near us. These talks give a basic set of simple tools based on Gurbani so that we can clean our minds daily to live happily, positively and carefree.
Topics on this DVD
- Discover Your Soul - by S.S.S. Harbhajan Singh Khalsa
- Mantra and Meditation - by Guruka Singh - Explanation of the Shabad Guru.
- Meditation 1 - Using the Breath - by Guruka Singh
- Meditation 2 - Long Ek Ong Kaar - by Guruka Singh
- Meditation 3 - Kirtan Kriya - by Guruka Singh
- Meditation 4 - Sahej Sukh Dhyan - Guruka Singh
- Meditation and Mantra - by S.S.S. Harbhajan Singh Khalsa - Why we meditate with a Mantra, and how to meditate.
- Meditation - your mind and Gurbani - by Guruka Singh - Some tips on focusing on the Bani, and Kirtan.
- Meditation for stress - by Gurucharan Singh - A talk about stress followed by a Kundalini Yoga meditation for stress.
- The process of Meditation - by Gurucharan Singh - An in depth look at the internal state of meditation.
- Tuning in - by Guruka Singh - A talk about tuning into the vibrations of the Guruâ€™s, and a Mantra as well.
- What is Prayer? - by Guruka Singh
- Why we fold our hands in prayer - by Guruka Singh
Volume 5 - Videos for Kids
Children are our future. Do we want them to be just like us? No! We want them to be ten times greater than we. These sahkis are told with wonderful energy and imagination. Every child will love to watch them. They establish the foundation of our lifestyle as Sikhs of the Guru and give shining examples that inspire and uplift children. Watch them with your children and then talk about them together afterwards.
Topics on this DVD
- EspaÃ±ola Sangat 2000 - A gatka video of Miri Piri Academy students in EspaÃ±ola, NM, USA.
- Guru Gobind Singh Last Days - A picture slideshow with audio narration telling the history of Guru Gobind Singh from 1706 onwards. Narration by Sat Nirmal Kaur, and Devinderjit Singh.
- Miracle of Baisakhi - A picture slideshow with audio narration telling the story of the creation of the Khalsa, Baisakhi. Narration by Guru Tej Singh, and Sat Nirmal Kaur.
- Feel the light of Guru Gobind Singh - Narayan Singh, son of Gurumustuk Singh (Mr. SikhNet) singing to â€œSacrificeâ€ by Indi Kaur from the UK - www.mus1k.com
- Stories of Guru Nanak 1 - by Mata Gurumeher Kaur Mataji telling stories of Nanak as a boy.
- Stories of Guru Nanak 2 - by Mata Gurumeher Kaur Mataji telling stories of Nanak from boyhood to his emersion from the river.
- Stories of Guru Nanak 3 - by Mata Gurumeher Kaur Mataji telling stories of Guru Nanak traveling and teaching.
- The sons of the 10th Guru - by A picture slideshow with audio narration telling the stories of the martyrdom of the Sahibzadas. Narration by Guru Tej Singh, and Sat Nirmal Kaur.
Comments from SikhNet viewers regarding these videos:
"(The) Sikhnet videos... are really amazing. As a sikh from the uk my grasp of Punjabi is not very good and have struggled to understand some bhachans i have heard before in punjabi. By posting these videos in english you have made my religion more accessible to me and these videos are truly a gift. I really do wish to thank you for your seva and may you and everybody at Sikhnet be bestowed with all of gods graces." - Singh from U.K.
"It's been a pleasure seeing (these) videos of yours. The new videos featured on Sikhnet were GREAT. Again, I learned something new. I loved them. Please do keep making new ones." - Kaur from Hong Kong.
At a time when I needed encouragement, I watched the video by Guruka ji on "God's Gift to Me". His words moved me so deeply and reminded me that my gift cannot be overlooked even when life is challenging. -R. Kaur
"After watching [these videos] I was just like "wow!" I decided to wake up at 5 am and read japji sahib. I can't believe what my parents coudn't do in 19 yrs, you guys did it in couple of hours. I'm so proud to be a sikh, and I hope I can be a better sikh from now on. I've decieded to pray everyday and follow my religion as closely as possible." - Punarpreet Singh
"I have been watching your videos for the last 4-5 days and I am crying because I was going in the different path. I am so much inspired. It touched my heart and I cried cried so much today. Oh Waheguru please give me blessing so I will follow my Sikhi from my true heart." - Daljeet Gill
"[These] videos are really amazing. As a Sikh from the UK my grasp of Punjabi is not very good and I have struggled to understand some bhachans I have heard before in Punjabi. By posting these videos in English you have made my religion more accessible to me and these videos are truly a gift." - Oratin
"When I first, found [thses] videos. It was a whole new beginning to me. Watching your videos keeps me close to Guru's charan and hope that I never depart within." - Pardip Kaur
Volume discounts are available if you wish to re-sell or distribute SikhNet products. Contact SikhNet for details.
"I like your videos very much. These are very inspiring to me. I was a person who always saw God's love very closely. However, in the last 6-7 years I lost myself in Maya and suffered a lot. With Guru's grace, I'm back on the right path. I always take out some time daily to listen to your any video. I don't feel alone anymore. I really appreciate the way in which you are serving to humanity. It's like online satsangat." - Kaur from Australia