work place harassment for sikhs... how to deal with... India

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

work place harassment for sikhs... how to deal with... India

Postby Manavdeep » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:41 am

I have been through work place harassment of all sorts ranging from jokes to comments on my looks to humiliation in meetings by indirect references.
I work in a central government job in India. We don't have a strong HR team to back me. Can anyone share some legal measures that I am entitled top but hitherto unaware.
Manavdeep
New User

Re: work place harassment for sikhs... how to deal with... I

Postby loveforsikhi » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:27 am

Manavdeep wrote:I have been through work place harassment of all sorts ranging from jokes to comments on my looks to humiliation in meetings by indirect references.
I work in a central government job in India. We don't have a strong HR team to back me. Can anyone share some legal measures that I am entitled top but hitherto unaware.

I dont know much about things in India, but I would assume that you could hire a lawyer to help you if you could afford it. I am so sorry to hear about what is happening. Make sure you do documentation of events, like start writing down what happened, who was there as a witness and what time they occurred for evidence. Maybe try contacting Sikh coalition I think they do work like this. https://www.sikhcoalition.org
loveforsikhi
Active Forum User

Return to Questions and Answers