Hair, HELP ME !

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Hair, HELP ME !

Postby Aude » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:24 am

Hello everyone. I'm a French girl of sixteen and it's been a year since I converted to Sikhism (quite complicated). I let my hair grow because I know we have to do it. Is it obligatory not to cut one's hair? My current cup is not pretty and it does not suit me at all. I want to keep them as I have learned, but I can not bear my head like that anymore. Since small I dream of having short hair and white / gray (yes, it's weird). Since I feel good, I know I can not do that. So I gave up the idea of ​​coloring my hair, plus it abrades them. But I'm not good about myself anymore. I would like to know if I can cut my hair, not shave, but cut short, squared (I do not know if it is said in English, that is to say the shoulder, but not a cut no boy). I do not feel comfortable with my current cup, almost in the middle of the back. I wonder if Nanak will force us to keep the hair long and feel bad, but while respecting Sikhism, or not repeating but feeling comfortable. Excuse me if my english is not very good (google translation ahah).
Thank you in advance for your answers, I will be very grateful
Aude
New User

Re: Hair, HELP ME !

Postby Harbhajan S. Sangha » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:29 pm

With Divine Love & Blessings of Waheguru Ji, may you all enjoy: peace, unconditional love, light (enlightenment), health, happiness & prosperity in life !
Harbhajan S. Sangha
Power User

Re: Hair, HELP ME !

Postby Vincent » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Posted by Vincent Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:03 pm (Translated from French)
Hello Aude
I am not really Sikh, but I regularly practice certain aspects (gurbani), like a Sikh and because I have been deeply touched by this religion, or its essence, I will not give you a precise answer on this subject ; I just tell you do not worry with that, come back to the aspiration of your heart that led you to this religion and the rest will clarify and evolve for the better, trust .... do not stay in a state of conflict interior, what I understand from Guru Nanak's teaching is "first" a message of unity, compassion,
Vincent
New User

Return to Questions and Answers