Liars alcohol and gossip

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Liars alcohol and gossip

Postby Luaffdi2012 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:53 pm

Hello I have this question for sikhs? I met a Couple from Punjab and they told me that they are Sikhs! if this is true why he lias to his wife? Why he drinks alcohol? And also he is extremely gossip! If this is not allowed in your religion what is going to happen with this type of Sikh? Also why this people celebrate Halloween? And why they have this red cat moving his hand and the statue of Buddha inside their house?
Luaffdi2012
New User

Re: Liars alcohol and gossip

Postby loveforsikhi » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Luaffdi2012 wrote:Hello I have this question for sikhs? I met a Couple from Punjab and they told me that they are Sikhs! if this is true why he lias to his wife? Why he drinks alcohol? And also he is extremely gossip! If this is not allowed in your religion what is going to happen with this type of Sikh? Also why this people celebrate Halloween? And why they have this red cat moving his hand and the statue of Buddha inside their house?

Different people are different stages in their journey. It is best not to judge another. We should rather ask ourselves where we are on our own path and make progress there. If you are close to someone you could probe and ask that question to them yourself. We reap what we sow, this is what our teachings are. You ask what happens if we don’t follow our teachings. The truth is same for all religions, all people, you and me. If we do not meet God in this lifetime, we go through 8.4 million reincarnations to get human life again and attempt again.

On the topic of holidays this is interesting and debatable I guess. I would say Halloween is not a religious thing. Its like a cultural thing and those who live in western culture should be able to dress up and eat candies if they want, there’s no harm in that.
loveforsikhi
Active Forum User

Re: Liars alcohol and gossip

Postby Superstar » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:56 pm

Well, that person sure is a Sikh of booze and moral corruption. Sikh means disciple so that guy is disciple of booze, not Guru. He is not Guru's Sikh. Everyone on their own journey excuse is the reason why these fakes are allowed to claim they are Sikhs. Some of them are like 40 years old and know nothing but booze. They aren't on journey of Guru's path. They are on journey of liver and kidney problems.
Superstar
Active Forum User

Return to Questions and Answers