Break relationship when Ardaas is done

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru

Break relationship when Ardaas is done

Postby KaurN2018 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:36 pm

We recently did Ardaas of our daughter in Gurdwara. Both girl and boy started meeting each other after Ardaas ceremony. After one meeting, he observed few grey hair in my daughter, second meeting - his sister called my daughter to do some make up and in third meeting he asked to wear tight and modern clothes. His sister taunted my daughter that boys dont like girls who are very simple. My daughter is well educated, works in corporate office....
She cried a lot. We called his parents....they are now not willing to continue this relationship.....
Can we break this....when Ardaas is done.
KaurN2018
New User

Re: Break relationship when Ardaas is done

Postby loveforsikhi » Wed May 02, 2018 7:59 pm

KaurN2018 wrote:We recently did Ardaas of our daughter in Gurdwara. Both girl and boy started meeting each other after Ardaas ceremony. After one meeting, he observed few grey hair in my daughter, second meeting - his sister called my daughter to do some make up and in third meeting he asked to wear tight and modern clothes. His sister taunted my daughter that boys dont like girls who are very simple. My daughter is well educated, works in corporate office....
She cried a lot. We called his parents....they are now not willing to continue this relationship.....
Can we break this....when Ardaas is done.

Yes it is appropriate to break this relationship, even after Ardas was done. I think Waheguru has shown you, before marriage, that this was a bad match for her. Your daughter deserves much better than to be stuck with this man for her life. She shouldn't have to change herself, and furthermore it seems they are obsessed with looks and is not a relationship based on two souls which is a real Anand Karaj. I think it is best for her if you find her another match. I'm sorry she went through this experience, she just deserves so much better treatment in her life. If she continues in this relationship she will be sad and have to give up who she is. I think it is best you break it off.
loveforsikhi
Active Forum User

Postby Superstar » Thu May 03, 2018 10:56 pm

Yes, it is alright to break it. You did ardas for blessing and maybe blessing is to break it before wedding. Anyways, it is better to break now than have problems after and end up in divorce. Tell your daughter not to cry. There is nothing wrong with dressing simple. She appears to be a good girl. Have no regret in rishta being rejected because it means it was no good to begin with. God has shown the way. Your intentions were clear and clean, can't say same about other party. Keep looking and maybe you will find a good match sooner or later. Considering he asked her to wear tight clothing, I would be suspicious of such person. There are lots of good guys out there who would be happy to marry a simple girl. True wisdom is found in dressing simple, it is the Gurmat way.
Superstar
Active Forum User

Postby KaurN2018 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:04 am

Thanks to you both Ji. I am feeling good after reading your posts. We too think the same. My daughter is not only simple but she is good looking, well educated, does kirtan.... How it happened and how we choose this boy, I am not able to understand. Felt bad that all this happened after the Ardaas is done. All relatives, neighbourhood know about it and the wedding dates fixed.
KaurN2018
New User

Postby Superstar » Mon May 07, 2018 11:36 pm

I am glad that my post was able to help you. Now, may Akaal Purakh guide you to find the right person for your daughter who will keep her happy and who will be happy to be with her.
Superstar
Active Forum User

Return to Relationships