Best places to learn the basics on Sikh?

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Best places to learn the basics on Sikh?

Postby Kenny95 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi,

I’ve grown up Christian but started to question and lose faith in mainly because of The stories in the bible and what I’ve learnt and believed in contradicting each other.

I’ve always been interested in sikhs, when I was younger the turban stood out for me and I had a couple friends at school who were Sikhs who explained bits. I want to learn more about Sikhism, the gurus and there teachings the culture and as much as I can. I’ve been looking online but a lot of the sites give a bit too much information to digest. I’ve also been told to go to a gurdwara but I’m in the military based in a place miles where the nearest one is miles away.

Thanks for any help
Kenny95
New User

Re: Best places to learn the basics on Sikh?

Postby loveforsikhi » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:14 am

Kenny95 wrote:Hi,

I’ve grown up Christian but started to question and lose faith in mainly because of The stories in the bible and what I’ve learnt and believed in contradicting each other.

I’ve always been interested in sikhs, when I was younger the turban stood out for me and I had a couple friends at school who were Sikhs who explained bits. I want to learn more about Sikhism, the gurus and there teachings the culture and as much as I can. I’ve been looking online but a lot of the sites give a bit too much information to digest. I’ve also been told to go to a gurdwara but I’m in the military based in a place miles where the nearest one is miles away.

Thanks for any help

Welcome,
Here are some links as a good starting point.
https://www.basicsofsikhi.com/resources/
http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Learning_about_Sikhi
https://www.youtube.com/user/mysimraninfo/videos - they hold a lot of interfaith events educating others about Sikhism, and some of their videos are from those events . You can go on their website mysimran.info for lists of these events or their facebook page.
loveforsikhi
Active Forum User

Postby Bundha » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Try www.info-sikh.com good place for lot of information.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji Guru Gobind Singh Ji Guru Granth Sahib Ji Dasam Granth Sahib Ji.
Bundha
Power User

Postby Superstar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 pm

Feel free to send me a message if you have questions or what you would like to learn about.
Superstar
Active Forum User

Return to Questions and Answers