Punjabi boy wants to marry a white girl

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru

Punjabi boy wants to marry a white girl

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a 20 year old white girl. I have been dating a 23 year old Punjabi boy for the past 2 and a half years. His parents are very religious and him and his family do not think they will approve of me. He plans on telling them about me in a few weeks and that he plans on marrying me. His dad is quite important in there caste and they have already lost there daughter because she went off with a island boy. We are both very worried they will not want anything to do with them after he tells them. I told him I will convert to Sikhism and do whatever it takes to make them approve. All I want is for him to be happy.

Any suggestions on what I can do to help make his parents approve?? Please help

Re: Punjabi boy wants to marry a white girl

Postby loveforsikhi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:34 am

amreb1406 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am a 20 year old white girl. I have been dating a 23 year old Punjabi boy for the past 2 and a half years. His parents are very religious and him and his family do not think they will approve of me. He plans on telling them about me in a few weeks and that he plans on marrying me. His dad is quite important in there caste and they have already lost there daughter because she went off with a island boy. We are both very worried they will not want anything to do with them after he tells them. I told him I will convert to Sikhism and do whatever it takes to make them approve. All I want is for him to be happy.

Any suggestions on what I can do to help make his parents approve?? Please help

Try learn as much as you can about Sikhism. try to learn a little bit of Punjabi too. and make sure you go with him when he has that conversation so they have to have this face to face (I think its harder for them to say no if they’ve already met you. If they don’t meet you, he might just come back and tell you they are strict on the rule of marrying only someone in the same religion). If they see your good qualities and he stands up for you, it should go as well as it can. Its going to be a shock for them that he’s been with you and hasn’t told them after this long but on the other hand the strength of you knowing each other so well can work together if you present a united front.
loveforsikhi
Active Forum User

Re: Punjabi boy wants to marry a white girl

Postby AaKaur » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Why don't you participate in seva eg, in the langar hall? - to see a bit about what it's like to be within a Sikh family. You'd need to assure the parents that any kids would be raised as Sikhs.
AaKaur
New User

Return to Relationships