BETRAY by a Singh What Should i do?

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru
erin10467
New User

BETRAY by a Singh What Should i do?

Post by erin10467 »

Hi,
I do apologize fo the true an honest person who are on this forum But I am so mad right now.
I am French married with a Sikh person since 7 years ago. Today- Today when going on my husband facebook i dicovered that he is getting married there. He never told me anything and I am so mad especially that I have a daughter and my husband means the world to her.
I am writing you as I try to understand how a husband can so that to his wife without telling her and how a father can live his daughter in a very bad situation?
Thank you in advance for your answer I really need to understand to make me going.

ERIN
suji singh
Power User

Re: BETRAY by a Singh What Should i do?

Post by suji singh »

Do what you would do if were married to a French man? Notify authorities. Polygamy is illegal in India and France. As far as I know, anyone can have a civil marriage in India, however, he must submit proof that he is single for registering the marriage. At any rate, you may need to hire an attorney.
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Re: BETRAY by a Singh What Should i do?

Post by Nihal Singh Kanakpuria »

Erin,

Your husband cannot legally get married in India unless he produces a Non Objection Certificate from the French embassy, However its possibly that this marriage is meant for India purpose only and wont be registered, so effectively he has a family there and a family in France.

You do have legal rights, you can contact the french embassy and tell them about your husband getting married etc, try and contact a lawyer in india-punjab from yellow pages.

On a side note, did you husband wear a turban and unshorn beard ? No that doesn't mean who don't are not Sikhs but i wanted to know the commitment he had towards his faith.

-Nihal