Done Sin Please help

Essays, stories, articles, poems and artwork.

Done Sin Please help

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Satsriakal to all, I have a very high concern to discuss with my fellow sikh brothers and sisters. My name is Gurfateh Singh and I have done a sin which outcome of the result was shocking. I am a Sikh martial artist (Gatka), and I have made fun of hinduism belief of (Hanuman) which is sin I know and I done this to a person who believed in him a lot, after a few days passed by a very odd experience has left me astounded and I am feeling very bad. Here is what happened:

I was about to teach Gatka class to my students at a place outside when I saw a person kind of a jolly type a humor person who was more like a comedian I told him to get off respectfully but he didn't heres how the conversation went:

Gurfateh: "Can you please go from here? I will be holding a class in the area which you are in.

Person: "Oh bhai mere, kiyu laarna chaunda Ram da naam leh te hagah ja"
(translation: Brother why do you want to fight? say Rama's name and move to a different location)

Gurfateh: "What do you think you are? " " will you go?"
(in anger)
Person: " menu te baas ek he asha ke mere naal koi Gatka da mugabalah kara"

Gurfateh: "Let's do Gatka then, see who wins"

After the conversation, we both did Gatka I was losing then 5 other of my mates came in and he threw four of us by his hand that to all the way up on a tree like you throw some ball. Two others, witnessed the last part which was shocking that the hindu ideology of the person said: "JAI SHRI RAM" in such a full force with his hand up high on fist and RIGHT in front of us, he Vanished! He completly vanished my class saw it right in front like you blink and gone.

I am worried I made fun of hinduism of hanuman and I have this very strange but i shouldnt that it was probably him?

Re: Done Sin Please help

Postby Vikramjit Singh » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 am

One of the greatest aspects of a true warrior is that of humility and compassion. Unfortunately at times pride in our power takes precedence in our minds and we tend to make fun of others whom we deem weaker or inferior to us.

The current trend of anti-Hindu rhetoric amongst Sikhs is leading the community down. Yes bad things happened in the 80's but if the community continues to live in the negativity of hate and anger, it will just lead us nowhere.

Great mystics of the past and present have said that the secret to attaining everlasting peace is to never criticize, condemn or judge another child of God.

A true believer in God should not judge a believer of another faith in a deprecating manner. Just because their ways appear "different or primitive". Maybe its just a lack of understanding on our part because our minds are clouded with negativity and hate.

I do not know if Hanuman actually came to teach you a lesson, but life does throw things at us in strange ways. Slander is a sin. It is mentioned many times in Gurbani as well. There is much we do not know about the secrets of creation. All we can do is practise good deeds and be kind to those we see as different.

Best Regards
Vikram
Vikramjit Singh
Active Forum User

Postby Nihal Singh Kanakpuria » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:05 pm

SSA,

I am actually laughing at your story, or to be precise at your justification or your need to justify whatever happened to you.

Not that i promote or even remotely support anyone making fun of others beliefs or faith but to me you sound less of a gatka artist and more of a Non-Sikh under the garb of a sikh name.

If you are a sikh , read Japji sahib and understand the mool mantra, it tells you about the creator, creator doesn't hold any grudges.

I would suggest you read up on history of Ramayana and Hanuman, Ramayana and Hanuman are mythological characters.

Above all stop making stories and stop making fun of others belief, the creator doesn't feel bad , but humans do.

-Nihal
Last edited by Moderator 1 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments and remarks against another religion.
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Postby swarn bains » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:09 pm

well said
swarn bains
Power User

Postby Guest » Fri May 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Indeed, universe don't hold grudges, it was the law of karma.

Return to Inspiration