The History That Changed My Life

Essays, stories, articles, poems and artwork.

The History That Changed My Life

Postby Singh2000 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:42 am

The History that changed my life my crown ceremony my turban ceremony

When I was 12 years old my parents organized my crown ceremony my turban ceremony. At that time I didn’t understand about my turban. I thought it was just religious head gear or just to cover my hairs or just for fashion. After my crown ceremony my turban ceremony my parents told me now you are a king of your thoughts your mind and you should hold some values. Then they explained me your body is divine always keep it clean. Do not go near alcohol, smoking and drugs because you are king of your thoughts your mind. Every day to intoxicate your mind do meditation on great values of God. Don’t let lust, anger, greed, attachment and ego comes near to you because you are king of your thoughts your mind. Then I asked my father, can you please explain me in more detail.

My father explained me:

1. Do not give and get fear. It makes me fearless, it makes me king.
2. You will get lots of challenge in your life always face with courage. It makes me brave, it makes me king.
3. Become voice of voice less because you are king.
4. Help needy, do selfless service because you are king.
5. Whole universe is your family they live in your heart you live with them, so you and everyone is part of God not separate. Respect every one because you are king.
6. Love is your religion, if you love you can find God otherwise not.
7. To understand any one, you should stand under. It makes you great person.
8. World remember actions not body, so more focus on your actions and do all actions with pure thoughts. While doing action keep in mind God is there not you.
9. You are leader always lead and initiate good work without thought of any rewards because you are king.
10. Equality, human rights, clean environment is your primary responsibility because you are king.
11. Sharing, honesty, humility are your great value because you are king.
12. Live a life true to yourself, not the life others expected of to you.

Now when I wear my crown my turban, it reminds me all values my father explained me. It gives me confidence to stand for values I hold because I am king. Now I feel blessed because life has meaning, life has purpose because I am king. Now I understand heaven is here not after death, heaven is the way of living with true values. Now I am independent, fearless, peaceful, loving, happy person because I am king, I am turban guy, I am Sikh.

Thanks!
Singh2000
Active Forum User

Re: The History That Changed My Life

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:22 am

This is our culture and Heritage which must give to our coming generation.

Return to Inspiration