How i blossomed from pain

Essays, stories, articles, poems and artwork.

How i blossomed from pain

Postby [email protected] » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:34 am

I am from a punjabi family and was born in the usa while my parents are from Punjab. My dad was a good man but a heavy drinker and my mom was basically what held the family together. About 3 years ago both my parents took amrit and my dad quit drinking and eating meat, he really improved himself. I was never close to Guru Granth Sahib Ji for my childhood and was busy being a kid stuck in maya. I did not understand what a diamond i had sitting in my lap, i see now whenever i go to the Gurdwara many kids and older people alike do not realize it's greatness and value. I went through extreme bodily pain for about a year. Before i had the body illness i had already begun getting closer to God thanks to my mother and it is what helped me through it, i remember as a kid i would always listen to gurbani because my parents would have it on at home and in the car. The first bani i actually fully paid attention to was Asa Di Vaar which was about 6 months before my bodily affliction and it was very sweet to my mind. I am happy i went through this, i see it as a gift from god and if i was to go back i would want to go through this again even though the pain was so bad I wanted to die daily. Here is what i wrote one day, all of this knowledge is from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and from different sources.

Amrit Vela Sach Nao Vadiaye Veechar

What kind of relationship is it, when you only call someone when you need something? The lord gave me the gift of life. I have fell in love with the gift and I have forgotten the giver. Think about any gift you have ever gotten, what is more important to you the gift or the giver? I have gotten caught up in the gift of life and worldly affairs, in the forgotten state of the Lord i gather all these problems through life and it turns from a gift to a curse. I do not even for a split second remember the gifter, the Creator of the Universe. Suffering is the medicine to this disease, it will continuously be given until the disease is cured. I have been reminded that the Lord is the gifter and is my sole support. I have been reminded one day death will come and noone will be able to support me once i have left this human body behind except the Lord. The lord has given me all the instructions from birth to death to be taken across this ocean which is life successfully. He has taught me that alcohol, smoking will lead to abuse one day and bodily illness's which i see upon people before my eyes, so these should not even be tampered with for temporary enjoyment as they will cause that much more pain. He has taught me there is no need to stress in any situation, things will work themselves out, he will take care of me all i have to do is remember him. He taught me do no wrong to anyone or that wrong will come back my way. He taught me to think twice before i speak and know the consequences of my actions. He has taught me that what i seed is what i will harvest. He has taught me to not heistate for a second in time that i may do a good deed and to have no fear in sacrificing my human body to help someone at need. If i do good i will get good in return, if i do bad i will get bad in return. He has taught me to be wary of the 5 thieves that will steal my common sense and make me a fool that will mistake over and over again. Lust, Rage, Greed, Attachment and Ego are the 5 thieves. Through Lust people cheat, people kill, people get various diseases. Through Rage people hurt other people, rage and ego are tied hand in hand. Only through humility can both be eradicated. "Do not be angry with any one; search your own self and live in the world with humility". Righteous indignation against evil, injustice and tyranny is, however, not to be equated with rage as an undesirable passion. Through Greed people cheat other people for there own gain. What is the point of collecting money and thinking of money day and night when i have enough to life a good life? Money will not go with me in the end. People keep thinking about how to collect more and more money like fools and spend there whole lives focused on worldy possessions looking at what other people have and trying to surpass them. "Inside is the terrible darkness of greed, and so they come and go suffering in reincarnation again and again." With greed within them, their minds are filthy and they spread the filth around them. They do filthy deeds, and suffer in pain. Through Attachment to things people cling to things and whenever something happens to there attachment they feel immense pain and stress. People are attached to there property, there loved ones and till death they feel lot's of pain whenever something goes wrong in that relationship. The lord has taught me to be carefree and love my family but to stay unattached from the world and my relationships, this is merely a short visit it is not my home. The Lord is my father/mother. Those with Ego will drown as the weight of there ego will be too much for the boat to handle. The lord has taught me that everyone is equal, noone is greater noone is less. Ego of attractiveness, wealth and or intelligence lead to falsehood as they are only temporary and do not last.. It's not bad to be attractive, wealthy and/or intelligent. It's a gift from god but for many it becomes a curse because they begin seeing themselves as superiour to the person next to them. Even people with divine knowledge need to be wary of ego as they may see themselves as spirtually superiour which will result in them drowning with the rest of the egoists. Ego has many forms. Those that are false will drown. People with ego's complain about other peoples faults, while their self-conceit increases. When two egos come together in disagreement it causes conflict, what does it lead to? Rage. Now I have both the thieves plundering me as thieves hang around thieves. The lord has taught me to combat ego by being humble and the realization that all is one therefore all is equal, 1=1. I should not see myself better than another because of my looks, money, intelligence etc. The lord has taught me when a loved one dies who has lived a good life with a honest living and remembered there Lord to celeberate there death not mourn it. Only mourn for those that have not remembered there Lord. So many people fail in life dying with regrets. My lord has told me do not worry take life day by day to remember him and stay unattached at heart from the world while earning a honest living and being a positive in society and there's no need to fear death and you shall have no regrets upon death. Only those need to fear death who have done wrong and will suffer the consequences hereafter. He has taught me through his remembrance, i can be saved from the 5 thieves. All the 5 thieves are linked. The lord has blessed me with the instructions, all i have to do is follow the path. He has taught me to contemplate him, earn a honest living and donate to the needy. He has taught me to instill the 5 virtues of truth, contentment, compassion, humility and love within myself to combat the 5 thieves. In the end the true pure ones will reign, the false will be destroyed. I thank God for blessing me with this knowledge, he has saved me from drowning by the weight of my sins.

"You do good, i do not understand it as good, you are forever merciful"
"The praise of the Lord has no end, his greatness cannot be described"
"Only through rememberance of the Lord, you can experience him and the relationship goes from belief to truth"
"He is the origin, from him came everything into being, he is the beginning and he is the end. He was true before the creation, he has been true throughout the ages, he is true and forever will be true."
"In every life form he has put his light(soul) once the soul is called back the body becomes lifeless, the whole creation is one and will one day return to it's origin and manifest itself as ONE."
" Suffering is the medicine, and pleasure the disease, because where there is pleasure, there is no desire for God."
"Those that steal to support there family, hereafter there family is recognized as thieves as well and suffer the consequences."
"Bodily pain cannot relate to the pain of the soul, the pain of the soul cannot be endured, be careful of your actions in your journey, do not do that which thy shall regret."
"Whatever is in the mind is truth, spoken words are mere wind."
"Wisdom is not found through words, it cannot be explained."
"Whatever touches the manure get's the odor of manure, be wary of who you associate yourself with my friend."
"One acts and speaks according to thy understanding"
"Those who put there hopes in the world will suffer, remain stable and detached from the world in your inner self immersed in the lord, all your affairs will be taken care of"
"Oh Lord may I never be in fear, in time that I can do good, may I give my life without thought, for righteousness."
"Those that have planted the seed of the Lord, will blossom forward in times of pain, The lord will be there sanctuary, they will get through with a new appreciation for there Lord, and there spiritual progress and intelligence will increase dramatically."
" Those that do not plant the seed of the Lord when the soil is fertile, shall suffer exponentially when pain comes to there doorstep, with no relief they will run in all the 4 directions."
"The seed must be sown in times of happiness, the fool is too caught up in attachment to the world in this time and he suffers endlessly, he will have no sanctuary when pain comes and the angel of death will plunder him."
" They sit in there kingdoms wearing earrings and necklaces worth thousands of dollars and forget death, those bodies on which they are worn shall turn to ash."
"They sit in there mansions making ostentatious shows, they act out their minds desires, but they do not understand the Lord and are ruined, asserting their authority, they eat while beholding their mansions, they forget about death, but old age comes and youth is lost."
"False is the mansion, false are the skyscrapers, false is gold, false is silver, false are those who wear them, false is the body, false is taste, false are the clothes, false is incomparable beauty, false is the husband, false is the wife, they mourn and waste away, the false ones love falsehood and forget their Creator, false is the whole world without You,Lord, everything is totally false."
"Some do not understand their origin, and without cause, they display their self-conceit."
"I seek those who meditate upon You"
"The lord is worry-free, those who contemplate Him become worry-free"
"Without remembrance of the Lord the human life is wasted, one continues in the cycle of birth and death experiencing pain and pleasure"
"If you long for everlasting bliss come to the sanctuary of the Lord"
"Oh Lord rain your naam on the whole world leave not one tongue dry, my lord your name is pure bliss, only those that have drank it understand this"
"Oh Lord please give me an unquenchable thirst for your naam, may my thirst only grow"
"No matter how much I praise you my lord, you are so great my praise cannot justify your greatness."
"My fear of death has departed"
"You have cut my ego into a million pieces, i feel not superiour to any other"
"In the beginning I cried for the pain to leave me, I now realize it was your stick that hit me, I am forever
grateful."
"I am forever a sacrifice to the true gurmukhs that reside in this world"
"Keep walking the path do not let your mind waver the guru will lead you to your true home"
"Guru Nanak is one with God"
"May I never forget the Lord, may he forever be my protector, I have none other than the Lord, through his grace
I have made this realization"
"Do not eat the forbidden fruit or go so much as close to it"
"Speaking insipid words, the body and mind become insipid"
"I see the people caught up in maya, what will they do when Yama come's, who will protect them?"
"Gurbani is the purifier and connection to the Creator. Bathe yourself in it head to toe. Do not hesitate."
"How can i explain to you the greatness of naam? It has quenched all my desires and brought contentment and
peace to me. I thank the lord for gifting me his naam."

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh
[email protected]
New User

Re: How i blossomed from pain

Postby drake » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:43 pm

powerful stuff OP, great read. :)
classic lurker srs
sikh crew too strong
drake
New User

Re: How i blossomed from pain

Postby loveforsikhi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
how beautiful, thank you so much for sharing your story. I have come to realizations about my own pain from what you have written.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
loveforsikhi
New User

Return to Inspiration