Sukhmani Sahib:12th Ashtapadee: Shaloka that precedes it:

Spirituality, Gurbani, Naam, Bani, Bana, Simran and Seva.

Sukhmani Sahib:12th Ashtapadee: Shaloka that precedes it:

Postby Amarpal Singh » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:50 am

Dear Khalsa Ji,

the grace of Sat, I share with you my understanding of the Shloka that precedes the 12th Ashtapadee.

1. suKI bsY mskInIAw Awpu invwir qly ] sukhee basai maskeenee-aa aap nivaar talay.

Those who are humble and have removed their I-ness from their being live happily in bliss.

My Understanding:

Repeatedly in Siri Guru Granth Sahib, Guru Sahibs have asked their followers to remove the sense of I-ness (I, my, mine, me) from their being i.e. from the core of their personality which drives their thought process. Each Sikh is told to realise that it (she or he) is only an instrument of ‘Sat’ who is carrying out its mission of life. All that happens to it or around it impacting on its life is an act of ‘Sat’. With this frame of mind the person’s attachment to worldly life progressively gets dissolved and the person in a natural way (Sahaj) moves in the ‘Sharan of Sat’- a state of happiness and bliss. As a result, the positive attribute of humility blossoms in such persons nature.

2. bfy bfy AhMkwrIAw nwnk grib gly ]1] baday baday ahaNkaaree-aa naanak garab galay. ||1||
Ahamkaree persons get wastes in their own nature.

My Understanding:

Guru Sahib makes it clear that those individuals who live their life with the impression that they are the real doers and not the ‘Sat’, they lose the purpose of their lives and spiritually rust adding negative Karmas to their being. In Siri Guru Granth Sahibs have repeatedly asked us to recognise (Pachhan) the Hukam of ‘Sat’ and realise it in this earthly life. This is the proper way to live this life in Human form.

With this I close the post.

With love and respect for all.

Amarpal Singh
Amarpal Singh
Active Forum User

Return to The Guru's Path