how to deal with depression

Diet, Nutrition, Physical Health, Vegetarian Lifestyle, Disease, Healing, Care, Body care, Exercise, Recipes, Dancing and Sports

Re: how to deal with depression

Postby alliswell » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:30 am

You're not alone and so many people have these types of thoughts at varying degrees.

Sometimes realizing that you are not your mind and you are not your thoughts allows you to not get too tangled into the depression. You do not deny the depressing thoughts, but you do not identify with them as being you. You are not your thoughts but the space in which they occur. So when depressing thoughts arise you accept them completely and watch them arise, remain, and then fade away. Eventually you see a distance between the thoughts/feelings of depression and yourself. You are not these emotions and feelings, but rather the witnesser of them.

And while you may have depressing feelings arise, that doesn't mean you cannot begin to cultivate some more empowering and positive thoughts such as feeling compassion and love for yourself and for others. Additionally, finding some gratitude in anything (the blue sky, sunshine, the fact you have eyes, appreciating a loved one, happy about a certain aspect of your health, gratitude for obtaining the physical human form), can be something you can cultivate.

Best wishes, you are not alone. And this wont last forever. Everything that arises will fade. You true essence is joy and that will rise up in you.
alliswell
New User

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:43 pm

I'm not Sikh, I've only joined this forum because I'm very interested in learning more. I hope it's ok for me to post.

Is there a reason why you can't go to therapy? If you can, I think it might be very helpful to you. Therapy doesn't have to involve medication if that's not something you're uncomfortable with.

There are many forms of therapy. Many of them are talk-based or include some homework of sorts. There are a lot of different methods and it depends on what is best for your personality and situation. You might simply do therapy that consists of the therapist asking questions to help you find ways to cope and get better, therapy that relies on expressing yourself through art, group therapy where you share experiences alongside others. Those are just examples. I would recommend therapy because you'll have more professional guidance than you would have by trying to treat it all by yourself but also because there are so many options that you can find something that fits you. If you don't like a certain therapist or any of the methods they propose you can find another one.

It may be expensive but if you can't afford it, there may be cheaper options in your area. I know that some depression support groups sometimes offer that.

I hope this helps and that you can get better. I've been through that so I know what it's like and you have my sympathy.

Postby royaldrugstore » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:50 pm

well enormous thinking on a particular subject we lead human mind in to different level called depression, which will not allow you to enjoy your social & working environments. It continuously forces you to deal with unwanted issues. To overcome this u can try outbound activities like sports, music, dance or writing your thoughts on daily bases. U must engage yourself into different moods and activities. you can improve your vitamin diets which will give you strengths for outbound activities.
royaldrugstore
New User

Previous

Return to Health and Wellbeing