Depression

Diet, Nutrition, Physical Health, Vegetarian Lifestyle, Disease, Healing, Care, Body care, Exercise, Recipes, Dancing and Sports

Depression

Postby gsingh01 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Hello all,

I moved to a new city two years ago for university. I'm a very family-oriented person and have never lived away from home before. I'm finding it very difficult living in a new place by myself. I try to keep myself busy and occupied with school and working out, but I cannot help but feel depressed.

I've made a few friends who are in the same program as I am, however everyone has different schedules and so we rarely get a chance to hang out with each other. I've also tried to reach out to Punjabi students as well, but I commonly get asked what my caste is and I am uncomfortable befriending people who believe in this ideal.

I go to the Gurdwara every week and although I do find it very comforting and uplifting listening to kirtan while at the Gurdwara, when I return home I revert to feeling sad and having a low mood.

Can anyone offer any advice or tips on how to battle depression?

Thank you.
gsingh01
New User

Re: Depression

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:39 am

You have the freedom that I wish I had.
I now you feel down but I think you need to find people to hang around with. I don't think that it's important that they're all Sikh.

Re: Depression

Postby ascotlee » Tue May 06, 2014 12:49 am

You will have to take everything positive. Think positive things in situations and find happiness. It doesn't mean you started going away from reality.
ascotlee
New User

Return to Health and Wellbeing