Planning to cut on fats

Diet, Nutrition, Physical Health, Vegetarian Lifestyle, Disease, Healing, Care, Body care, Exercise, Recipes, Dancing and Sports

Planning to cut on fats

Postby KamaljitSingh » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:23 am

Pepper,tea,spices etc corrode the elementary canal.To neutralise their effect we tend to use butter and oily food.I have planned to cut on my fat consumption.I have givenup tea.I am planning to avoid chilli as well.In this way consumption on fat can be controlled.Even saints were not in favour of oily food.Saint Baba writes in Gurbani 'Jinhan khaddi chopri ghane sahenge dukh'Those who eat buttered chapaties would suffer a lot.
Satnam Waheguru

Sewa is a bit extra that we do for the fellow beings and we may call it 'Practical Simran'.
KamaljitSingh
Power User

Re: Planning to cut on fats

Postby csghumman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:55 pm

I have givenup tea

I learned somewhere that tea is good to control chlostrol.I don't know about fat.
NAAM=GOD'S ATTRIBUTES,JAPNA=CONTINUOUS EFFORTS TO ADOPT GOD'S ATTRIBUTES BY LIVING ACCORDINGLY
csghumman
Power User

Postby KamaljitSingh » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Tea is drunk with sugar.Sugar provides ready energy and thus the fat of our body does not burn.So we gain weight.Tea washes down oil taken at that very moment but is as such corrosive more so when drunk with skimmed milk and without sugar.I have experimented that a sugarless(refined white sugar) diet is quite possible in summers.I lost a lot of weight this summer by giving up tea and sugar.In the gurudwara I ate only a pinch of parsad and gave the rest to my sons.Children perhaps have no problem as they are growing.I would try my best to avoid refined sugar and tea in the winter season as well.I am a teacher and a teacher in a good shape is pleasant.WJKKWJKF
Satnam Waheguru

Sewa is a bit extra that we do for the fellow beings and we may call it 'Practical Simran'.
KamaljitSingh
Power User

Postby sajjansingh » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:14 pm

I drink the following tea and I do not feel it's unhealthy. Sugar is not good but there are alternatives and you can try them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lB4xi5q-gI
sajjansingh
Active Forum User

Postby JaspreetKaur » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:43 pm

Instead of cutting out tea you should drink Green tea its very good for your health but don't add sugar add honey.
Also instead of adding sugar to your tea add GUR it taste better and its a bit healther :) just incase you crave for some tea
JaspreetKaur
New User

Postby Sikh_96 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:39 am

Tiff wrote:I drink green tea every day because of it's healthy benefits. As far as cutting fats, it more important to cut sugar and carbs and sodium. It's those thing that will lead to weight gain and high cholesterol and blood pressure.

Green tea? Yes.
Cut sugar? Yes.
Cut sodium? Yes.
Cut carbohydrates? No.
I'm afraid I don't agree with you on this one. By cutting carbs, it could harm the body by resulting in Ketosis.
Ketosis is when excessive amounts of ketones accumulate in the body. Ketosis results whenever glucose is not availiable to use as an energy source. Then the body uses fats. This is all good in the case of planning to cut on fats, until the fatty acids release into the blood, where they are converted into ketones. If Ketosis exists, confusion, unconsciousness, and eventually death may follow. I don't want any of us to die. So, don't cut your food. Just increase your output more. Exercise more, just cut your proportions a little, not your nutrients.
Sikh_96
New User

Postby shailenderkumar » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 am

You can drink tea as it help in cut your hunger and if you eat less then you automatically loose your gained calories.
shailenderkumar
Active Forum User

Return to Health and Wellbeing