Dicorce- Girl Infanticide

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru

Dicorce- Girl Infanticide

Postby gurpreetb » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:00 am

Sat Shri Akaal to Everybody,

Firstly I must thank Sikhnet website for the most important decision of my life. I got married to a sikh girl whom I met on sikhnet chat in 2004. Her parents were against it as they thought that they had arranged for individual from Punjab, Moga who would have brought a handsome $$$$ with him to Canada once married to their daughter. Life was progressing well , we both were happy and then my wife was pregnant with our first child and we were both excited and happy, then all of a sudden her parents came back in her life and began brainwashing her to abort our child so that they could get a divorce and get her married to the same guy back in Punjab as till then they had told everybody in the community that she has gone to England. My father in law flew down form another city and took My wife to abortion clinic and the abortion was performed and my wife left for England but she soon realized that life is going to be tough for her and came back from there and we were united again, I accepted her back as I was under the impression that it is not her fault that this happened. Her parents obviously did not give up, they have three daughters and always wanted a son and expected the same of my wife, I firmly am against it and I emphatically disapprove of sex selection. My wife then divulged the fact that her Mother has aborted a fetus just because it is a girl child, after hearing this I took great precaution that next time when we plan to have a child I would keep a strict watch. I never stopped my wife from speaking or being in touch with her parents. On two occasions my wife became pregnant and went through self induced abortions and gave it the name of Miscarriages just because Chinese calender showed them to be girl child, I was devastated, the fourth time she became pregnant she began checking for sex of the child and the chinese calender was not clear, the pregnancy carried on full term and I will always go with her for Utrasound and whenever she will sk the technician for sex of teh child I will nod my head in a subtle way for the technician to avoid that. I was blessed with a beautiful baby girl and my joy knew no bounds, my wife was happy too but I am not too sure about my in laws. I started working 18 hours a day and going full time to studies to upgrade myself so that I could give my family a better future, my wife instead of supporting me took my baby girl since last year June and went to her parents and refused to come back. I tried talking to her parents about her overspending, her online endeavors and her lack of care for my girl when I am not home ( she is around 25 pounds at
2.5 yrs of age), she refused to let me be part of my daughters life. Her parents convinced her to divorce me and she wants a divorce, which I am okay with but I am majorly concerned with the background of her and her family where girl infanticides took place at will. I am not that rich as they are that I can fight it out for long in court...I need some guidance from my anyone in the dilemma I am in. Should I fight for the sake of my daughter? Shall I disclose this in the court of law even though it effects their reputation? Is it right for me to separate a child from her mother?Am I justified in taking any action to save my daughter from them as I know that she is the only hindrance in her remarriage?I fear for my daughters safety in the long term?Is there any leadership in our community which can have a talk with them? Can anybody guide me towards an individual who is against female infanticide and can help me save my daughters life?....I donot want to regret later that I took certain steps to save my daughter or did not do anything to get her back...I dont know but I still love my wife and of course my daughter who means a lot to me and want to give her the best opportunities so that she can become a good human being first and then a Sikh ( my wife even refuses to put karra on her).
Thank You very much for stopping by and any inputs will be very much appreciated

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
gurpreetb
New User

Re: Dicorce- Girl Infanticide

Postby TyrantStryker » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Whoa, you need to not be consulting on this situation over the internet. You need to contact children's aid for concern of your daughter's safety, she's obviously NOT a priority for her grandparents. I'm also shocked that you WOULDN'T bring this up in court hearings, she's your DAUGHTER, shouldn't you as her father prioritize her safety and well being above all else??
TyrantStryker
Active Forum User

Re: Dicorce- Girl Infanticide

Postby gurpreetb » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:43 pm

TyrantStryker wrote:Whoa, you need to not be consulting on this situation over the internet. You need to contact children's aid for concern of your daughter's safety, she's obviously NOT a priority for her grandparents. I'm also shocked that you WOULDN'T bring this up in court hearings, she's your DAUGHTER, shouldn't you as her father prioritize her safety and well being above all else??

I did let the child services know but they feel that I should approach the courts and approaching the courts costs money which is an issue at the moment. I am worried about her but I have made up my mind that no matter what happens I will fight back even if it means that my inlaws reputation is in tatters.

Thank you for your response

Fateh
gurpreetb
New User

Return to Relationships