He is Sikh, I am American

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru

Re: He is Sikh, I am American

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:04 am

See, IF u want to get married, love should not be one sided. Your partner should also be having this sort of feeling as you. Because parents would get happy only when their child would. Does he understand this ?. He should try to make his parents explained about the truth

http://www.sikhweddingcard.com

Postby Nihal Singh Kanakpuria » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:27 am

Romesh Kumar wrote:
honestgirl wrote:but unfortunately most punjabi sikh guys are all pigs

This may be because of the tragedy that sikh clergy do not accept most of the Sikhs as Sikhs.
SSA

Not sure i got you there Romesh, Obviously honest girl is generalizing , i am sure she doesn't personally know even 1 percent of the Punjabi population but is judging most Punjabi men based on a few individuals she came across.

However i am unsure whats clergy got to do with this ?

-
Nihal
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Postby Romesh Kumar » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:20 am

honestgirl wrote:but unfortunately most punjabi sikh guys are all pigs.

Nihal Singh Ji,
it is surprising that how this insulting comment/remark escaped moderators eyes.
I have to be honest to you, readers and sikhnet in admitting that I just wanted to highlight this comment for moderators to take note and delete it from all the posts.
I quoted clergy/SGPC as example the way they have deprived most of the Sikhs of voting rights under one pretext or another. Please read my post SGPC...voting rights in question and answer.
SSA
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Postby Nihal Singh Kanakpuria » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:19 am

Romesh Kumar wrote:
honestgirl wrote:but unfortunately most punjabi sikh guys are all pigs.

Nihal Singh Ji,
it is surprising that how this insulting comment/remark escaped moderators eyes.
I have to be honest to you, readers and sikhnet in admitting that I just wanted to highlight this comment for moderators to take note and delete it from all the posts.
I quoted clergy/SGPC as example the way they have deprived most of the Sikhs of voting rights under one pretext or another. Please read my post SGPC...voting rights in question and answer.
SSA

Still doesn't make any sense, i can't make any connection to this post and the post about SGPC voting right.

if you thought honest girls statement was so offensive, you could have simply made a complaint to the moderators to review and delete it if they found it immature. There is no need to blame the clergy for everything.

Nihal

Moderator Note: We avoid intervention unless there was a violation of the guidelines. Most participants are wise. They can see when someone is generalizing and they respond appropriately. Additionally, the participants should be able to see which members try to divert the topics to meet the aim of their presence on this forum.
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Postby Aussie101 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Bindasgirl - run 100 miles per hour... IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION! This guy is not worth it and will only cause you heart ache. You deserve someone who loves you and will be by your side.

As for his folks killing him - meh... won't happen.

I find it offensive that he would suggest being your "friend" after he gets married to an Indian girl. He clearly does not respect anyones feelings.

I hope for your sake you gain the strength and courage to find someone who is a real man. Sorry if I have hurt your feelings - but trust me, this guy sounds dodgy and you sound like a sweet girl who has so much to offer to the world. Dont let him take you for a ride.
Aussie101
New User

Postby gurpreet24s » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi,

To begin with your only 22, at that age believe me you can fall in love with anything, even to the point of obession, its normal, for some people it goes to the extreme for some there's no effect. The fact that you only met him in July 2011 and its only been 6 months, your laying your life on this ONE person may mean you to be one with yourself and see if perhaps your emotions are just pushing you beyond consious thinking. I've come across so many friends who have been totally in love with someone, few years later there with someone and just giggle over that person they were praising before.

Since he seems intimitated by his father shows he must be young in heart still too, because if your truly in love whats there to be afraid of right?

Furthermore, not to disrespect your boy-friend or his family as I don't know them, ever since the whole british raj has been over many people especially in the punjab district are fairly strict, and marrying a white sikh women is probably considered an out-caste.

Wish you the best, goodluck and take care!
gurpreet24s
New User

Postby BindasGirl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Thought it was high time I write a follow up to the post since it seems like everyone is wondering....including you, Romesh! Thanks for writing me by the way and I just haven't been able to get back to you.

What's the status?? We are still together!! We've been together now since very early July, 2011, and our relationship only gets stronger and stronger with time. I want to clarify something I read previously tho....I am 42 years old and HE is only 22. I am well versed in men and relatioships and this is no puppy love/lust or crazy get-together.

I am still a secret to Binda's friends and family. He claims that if his family knows about his relatioship with me that they will kick him out of their home and stop paying for his college. I don't mind being his secret. I want him to finish college and he will in the next year with his Master's degree.

Binda is also of the opinion that HIS personal life is just that, HIS personal life and he will make his own decisions about what he wants to do in his personal life without the input of anyone else's ideas about his life.

Binda is honestly the best best boyfriend i've ever had in my 42 years and that includes an 18 year marriage in there as well. Bdina is drama-FREE. We never fight about anything. He wants the best for me. We are very happy together.

I don't understand why those of you who told me to run said that. My relationship with Binda is only getting better with time. We talk every single day multiple times....phone, chat, skype. I will be going to India very soon. I believe in him and trust him totally.

Now, I had a previous boyfriend to Binda who was also Sikh and he currently wants me back. He is what I would consider the stereotypical Sikh guy you speak of who just wants to come to the US. I am practically begging Binda just to want to visit me in the US let alone try to get him to live here with me.

So, what do you think now???

BindasGirl <3
BindasGirl since July, 2011
BindasGirl
New User

Postby Romesh Kumar » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:06 am

BindasGirl Jee,
It is really nice to hear a good news from you after long time.
You obviously sound to be bit upset over negative or discouraging input you received over your love affair.
Fact remains that 'all the members already know that you are already full of positivity of this relationsship so there was nothing to encourage you. So it is the part of negative side of it members were focussing at. There is/was nothing to distract or discourage you but a sincere caution or suggestion as in most of the cases indians/Punjabis in general and Sikhs in particular do not like to marry white girls but befriend only.
It is really good that you have found the love of your life. I wish you all the best.
SSA
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Postby Nihal Singh Kanakpuria » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 am

Romesh Kumar wrote:There is/was nothing to distract or discourage you but a sincere caution or suggestion as in most of the cases indians/Punjabis in general and Sikhs in particular do not like to marry white girls but befriend only.

SSA

Whats the proof for your assertion ?, you are stereotyping and showing the entire sikh community in a bad light, implying that sikh men to be of lesser character than their other punjabi counterparts. Another example of your agenda to try and portray sikhs as negatively as possible

Moderators, how long is this going to continue ?, there have been plenty of occasions where this individual has twisted facts, twisted what others have said to suit his purpose, There are plenty of impressionable minds on this forum and one cant expect someone or the other to keep highlighting negative statements that he wishes to sneak by moderators.

-Nihal
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Postby harinder1827 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Wish you all the best...Hope he turns out to be a good one for you :)
harinder1827
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Relationships