Sikh guy on family pressure wants separation frm hindu gal

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru

Sikh guy on family pressure wants separation frm hindu gal

Postby richa choudhury » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Sat Sri akal!!
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

I'd like to apologize before if by accident I say something wrong here. As I myself has searched about Sikhism and all knowledge and information.
Myself Richa I am a hindu girl and had a love marriage with Sikh guy Mr. Simranjit Singh and its being more than 2 yrs of marriage and 4+ yrs of relationship. Initially his parents accepted me but later they started treating me like I am no one to them. I tried my best to manage everything. but now my husband went to his family's home from there he had a fight with me on phone and asking for separation and not coming back a, which is a big shock for me. Because I know Simran loves me alot but the way he is behaving with me is hurting me alot. I accepted Sikhism even I started reading and listening Gurubanis also. Gurubanis gives me strength. please suggest me how to manage this tough situation.
I use to read Nitnem:
Morning: Japji Sahib
Jaapji Sahib
Tav Prasad Savaiye
Evening: Rehras Sahib
Night before sleep: Kirtan Sohila.

Please suggest which bani or paath should I do to protect my marriage as my Simran is not talking to me and I cant leave without him and dont want to loose my Simran in any circumstances.
Please forgive me for all my ignorance.

Please help
Richa
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh
richa choudhury
New User

Re: Sikh guy on family pressure wants separation frm hindu g

Postby Superstar » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:24 pm

If you already accepted Sikhism, what is his issue with you or his family? It makes no sense. Also, if there are other issues/concerns, it is important to get someone wise involved to sort the problem out. Also, he should be smart enough to know that he is married to you and knows he has to spend his life with you. Parents are important as well but if they aren't helping to save the marriage, then they aren't acting as parents are failures as parents.
Superstar
Active Forum User

Return to Relationships