Marriage confusion

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru

Marriage confusion

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:10 pm

A Sekh man is getting married soon, the wedding is booked all invitations have been sent out but he is not in love with his wife to be, but has very strong feelings for my daughter, whom he has hugged and kissed on the cheek. In the beginning he has said that he thought my daughter wouldn't be interested in a Sekh man to which she replied she would. This man has encouraged their feelings to grow, but now has said he is very confused and that they should be just friends. Both have cried in each others presence over this decision. Would it be frowned upon if this man cancels his wedding. My advise to my daughter is that This man should not marry his wife to be as he is not in love with her and that a marriage will destroy both parties.The man is frightened of being disgraced and concerned that his father who died 2 years ago would disapprove of him cancelling the marriage. I would like advise from a Sekh perspective.
Thank you

Re: Marriage confusion

Postby singhbj » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:40 pm

I am sorry that a Sikh is the source of your daughter's distress.

If he was a devout Sikh then this shouldn't have happened.

Obviously this guy is not a man enough for your daughter.

What he did is reminiscent of a Mumma's boy.

Let me tell you that this sort of behaviour is common in Sikh or Punjabi community across the globe.
Kids marriage are mostly arranged & they really don't get to choose their spouse.

In my opinion It's better to forget n move on.
singhbj
Power User

Re: Marriage confusion

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:51 am

eve111 ,I think the guy should leave his wedding and marry your daughter .If I was in situation like yours ,just try to convince your daughter and that guy, that everythings gonna be alright .love matters the most man and If that sikh guy truely loved your daughter he will marry her no matter what .
Peace!

Return to Relationships