Can I marry a sikh?

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru

Can I marry a sikh?

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:17 am

Hello ,
I am Sameer, I am a student in a college. I love a girl who is a sikh. We love each other since school times.Now we are discussing over are future and getting married.She has a problem that her Dad will not let her marry outside her religion.That is why she wants to leave me for her family's and my sake.But I know she is sad over her decision as she still loves me and want to live life with me. Maybe I have to wait for another life .....to get in same religion with her and marry her. But I don't want to do that. I love her and she loves me . And we believe that we can tackle situations together.I know there will be many situations such as how to get married .....i.e. in a gurudwara(sikh way) or Hindu way?Or that the child wiill follow which religion?Or that the girl can follow her religion or not? ..but I have these questions answers. I just want to know that should I leave her or not? .....I never giveup without a try ..so I want to try even if I am not gonna get her. But it might hurt her family. So what should I do.? should i leave her ? But a thought arises that i am not doing anything bad then why should i hold back.! Is loving someone a sin? .And no matter what problems arise...I will fight it .Not everone is same so please I request ......do not give me any examples of failure marriage ! ...Plz tell me what should I do ? .

Re: Can I marry a sikh?

Postby suji singh » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:20 pm

If she wants to leave you for the sake of her family and it is clearly her decision, even though she is sad about this decision, you should move on. I recommend you move on even if she is ambivalent about being with you. Move on!
suji singh
Power User

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:02 pm

But sir , I don't think it's bad to love someone. I believe and respect every religion but think and tell what your heart says......Is me getting in relation with her would cost someone.?!.I am not taking anything ..instead I am giving them my love. The only problem with my mind is that ...I need a reason to leave her.! If you have, then please tell me. I will let the girl follow her religion and talking about the kids.......they are free to choose what religion they want to follow.What religion's values they like. But I'll think on your opinion also. Thank you sir! (pardon my English).

Postby rjosan » Sun May 15, 2016 12:05 pm

I agree that all emotions are time sensitive, after a while love disappears and love is not something which one cannot get over if one gives it some time and distance and some new opportunities, it can be recreated with other people. On the other hand some relations are permanent also but it varies who thinks what is dispensible.
rjosan
New User

Postby rjosan » Sun May 15, 2016 12:12 pm

On the other hand it is ones personal decision and I usually refrain from guiding people on that as everyone has different amount of emotional resilience.
rjosan
New User

Postby Romesh Kumar » Mon May 16, 2016 5:04 am

Guest wrote:I just want to know that should I leave her or not? .....

In my opinion, you should leave her. If we really love some one then sacrifice is part of that.
Best wishes.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Postby rjosan » Mon May 16, 2016 12:25 pm

Usually like if I were to tell someone to stay in a relationship or leave someone, then there is no guarantee that the person they find after you told them to leave someone is better or worse. Then again they would look back and say that person seemed better.
rjosan
New User

Postby Nihal Singh Kanakpuria » Mon May 16, 2016 1:27 pm

I don't understand the concept of "getting her" . is she some price or trophy to win ?,

I suggest you don't think of marriage with anyone as of now. First enjoy your bachelor life , get settled and then think about marriage. You sound too young to be married.

Nihal
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Return to Relationships