My Sikh Punjabi boyfriend pressured me for sex

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru

Re: My Sikh Punjabi boyfriend pressured me for sex

Postby sabrinamaria » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:55 am

As of the beginning of the year, after the committee within the Gurudwara has spoken with me in detail, and someone said he knew of the guy and he is from another state, (which is why not much information was found) he is no longer allowed there. I had to take his picture and he was trying to disguise himself, it seemed, by trying to dress like one of the other guys, but the face and eyes were not the same as the guy I was originally told I had mistaken him for. I looked into his eyes that Sunday and felt it was him. It was his eyes and smirk. My gut knew it was him. I do not know what the men did and said to him, but I have not seen him since.

I was nervous for a while, wondering if he would be outside my door when I opened it, or hiding in my closet or something. I have a lot of good support at Gurudwara and the committee men make sure I am doing OK and taken care of. I really appreciate them for this. I have, since the middle of January, been reading the Sri Guru Granth Sahib and I have finished Ang 845. Things in life are much better now.
sabrinamaria
New User

Postby Gaganjeet » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:29 am

Good to know that things are better. remember that you are guru's daughter and should not be afraid of anything. You are the divine soul and nothing can impure you. Be with your Guru always.
Gaganjeet
Active Forum User

Postby sabrinamaria » Tue May 12, 2015 10:05 pm

I also would like to add, that as of 3:00 AM PST on the 7 of May 2015, I have officially finished reading Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (in English) and am determined to keep learning. I need to learn Punjabi and I need to learn to sing Shabads. I do have issues at Gurudwara because some people are still judging and slandering me. They obviously need to go back and read Guru again to remind them that slander and judging is NOT Sikhi. I do suffer from ridicule, and may have to look elsewhere for a husband other than my local Gurudwara. Someone may respect me and accept me after everything, but it is hard to tell with half the men staring at me all the time. I am not sure of their intentions, but hopefully they are aware that I am not some easy girl who is waiting for the next guy to come along. That is not this Sikh Chikh.
sabrinamaria
New User

Postby Guest » Sun May 17, 2015 1:34 pm

sabrinamaria wrote:I also would like to add, that as of 3:00 AM PST on the 7 of May 2015, I have officially finished reading Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (in English) and am determined to keep learning. I need to learn Punjabi and I need to learn to sing Shabads. I do have issues at Gurudwara because some people are still judging and slandering me. They obviously need to go back and read Guru again to remind them that slander and judging is NOT Sikhi. I do suffer from ridicule, and may have to look elsewhere for a husband other than my local Gurudwara. Someone may respect me and accept me after everything, but it is hard to tell with half the men staring at me all the time. I am not sure of their intentions, but hopefully they are aware that I am not some easy girl who is waiting for the next guy to come along. That is not this Sikh Chikh.

Trust me what you are going with slandering at gurdwara is not every gurdwara of course. The gurdwara sangat there might be just judgemental Sikhs who just go to gurdwara for gossip and eat and just leave without learning any of the Guru's teachings. I hope you find good sangat at another gurdwara hopefully.

Previous

Return to Relationships