Khalistan, a reality or a shambles?

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Re: Khalistan, a reality or a shambles?

Post by Romesh Kumar »

lakwinder singh wrote:It takes time to uproot social evils.Those religions whose scriptures sanction it can never get rid of this evil.
lakwinder singh wrote:India is a country and there are four major religions namely Hinduism, Islam,sikhism and Christianity.
India is secular country whose scripture binding on all is 'Constitution of India' which does not sanction caste-system. That rather protects those so-called low class who were oppressed by one and all for centuries.

But states created to protect religions or states using religions to protect themselves are the ones who can either not come in existence or can not survive or can never ever get rid of religious fundamentalism/fanaticism and evils therein. As such in my opinion, positive & constructive thinking Punjabis who are a majority regardless of their caste or religion have always stood against idea of khalistan a brainchild of fractional percentage of the people of a particular religion.Thanks.
lakwinder singh
Power User

Post by lakwinder singh »

Romesh Kumar wrote:
lakwinder singh wrote:It takes time to uproot social evils.Those religions whose scriptures sanction it can never get rid of this evil.
lakwinder singh wrote:India is a country and there are four major religions namely Hinduism, Islam,sikhism and Christianity.
India is secular country whose scripture binding on all is 'Constitution of India' which does not sanction caste-system. That rather protects those so-called low class who were oppressed by one and all for centuries.

But states created to protect religions or states using religions to protect themselves are the ones who can either not come in existence or can not survive or can never ever get rid of religious fundamentalism/fanaticism and evils therein. As such in my opinion, positive & constructive thinking Punjabis who are a majority regardless of their caste or religion have always stood against idea of khalistan a brainchild of fractional percentage of the people of a particular religion.Thanks.
Let us not ignore reality. More than fifty percent of population is low class in India. There are often news in the press of atrocities on them. It is a fact that Caste system is an evil in Hinduism and its presence is felt obviously observed .

Now a candidate who is accused in massacre of Muslims in 2002 is being projected to become future prime minister of India. This is stark communalism and is not good for progress of the country. If minorities are not treated fairly it is country that suffers and demand for separation surfaces.

There is an emergence of a good non communal party led by Kejriwal. That will unite India and sikhs by and large are supporting that party.That proves sikhs are well wishers of India and want it to progress.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Post by Romesh Kumar »

Sikh2014 wrote: Finally, I lived in Punjab during the 80's and know that it was the jat community who single handedly stamped out militants and government agents. There was no need for engagement with anyone there were constant curfews, why on earth would there, the farmer knows how to look after his crop :-) .
I Had been in Punjab all along those years and decades but it is first time I heard what appears in your post.

Post by Guest »

sir, with due respect to all of you.i have views on khalistan is that there is no need of kahlistan.consider if we will get khalistan then what? again we will have to start things from zero.because we already know the position we are in now.