SIKH GIRLS DESPISE SIKH BOYS

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi

Re: SIKH GIRLS DESPISE SIKH BOYS

Postby myhillside » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Lets say punjabi girls or give an example that amrit dhari girl got married to a non sikh or stop using Sikh girls and use indian or punjabi girls there r 48 millions punjabis in india and pakistan .
myhillside
New User

Postby UPSingh » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Myhillside suggests only Amritdhari Sikh girls should be considered Sikh girls all others should be referred to as Punjabi. This is very typical of those who consider only those who are complete with uncut hair and Amrit are considered Sikhs. A very unfortunate opinion, and based on this maybe there are only one million Sikhs in this world. All others are Punjabi?

There is need for Sikhs to make themselves as desirable and then Sikh girls would not despise them. If they are honest, live by Sikh philosophy the whole world would love them. First and foremost learn to respect all girls especially our girls. A noble philosophy seems often to be misused by a few to the detriment of many.

UPSingh
UPSingh
Active Forum User

Postby drdln » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Sunsingh wrote:

Guru Gobind Singh ji himself said that Sikhi in Punjab will decrease and will later reenter Punjab from the west. This is bhana. Ultimately, Sikhi is about your relation with God, not everyone else's. And marriage depends on your karam.

Very interesting. Kindly provide the source where Guru Ji said the above. Normally moderator ji ask for such sources too. Thanks.
"The real purpose of religion is spirituality.
Religious wars are creation of fanatics!"
--Science,Religion& Spirituality
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... &x=18&y=18
drdln
Power User

Postby gurbharti » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:09 am

Waheguruji ka khalsa Waheguruji ki Ftaeh,

I agree with UPSINGHJI when he says Girls without unshorn hair should not be termed as Punjabi, However I would like to know that " shouldn't this rule apply to Sikh boys as well". He goes on to say "Sikh boys should make themselves desireable". which sikh boys try by trimming the kesh. The expectation of so called sikh girl is leading to the present situation where sikh boys are trying to get rid of their Kesh.
Ordinary human beings are bogged down by appearance and seldom get chance to interact to really know the other person to make a judgement about the other person, and Sikh girls are no different .The Sikh society has generally rested the responsibility to carry sikh swaroop with Boys whereas Girls are free to live the lifestyle of their choice ( Emotional Parents contribute to this situation who think that their Girl is going to Leave them when she gets Married and therefore let her live the way she wants.)
Had Sikh girls also shared this responsibility well, the situation would have been different and Sikh Girls would have understood the Boys better.
Gursikh is one who is trying to overcome the 5 weakness of body and 5 weakness of mind. Kesh is a small part of Sikhi and we are failing there as well.

The ONUS of improving the situation lies with Sikh Girls and that's my Opinion.

GuruFateh
gurbharti
New User

Postby UPSingh » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:53 pm

gurbharti wrote:
I agree with UPSINGHJI when he says Girls without unshorn hair should not be termed as Punjabi, However I would like to know that " shouldn't this rule apply to Sikh boys as well". He goes on to say "Sikh boys should make themselves desireable". which sikh boys try by trimming the kesh. The expectation of so called sikh girl is leading to the present situation where sikh boys are trying to get rid of their Kesh.

I would like to make it clear that making yourself desirable does not mean cutting your kesh necessarily. I mean making your personal qualities so good that every girl would wish to know you. Adopting an attitude of respect towards the girls and stop the wife beating and divorces that are so commonplace among Sikhs. Stop marriage as a vehicle for immigration even if your parents suggest that it is OK to do so. Stop importing girls from India just because they are meek and put up with your "manly" behaviour. Learn to live with your wife and stop the Indian practice where the wife is simply a worker, a quasi servant in the family. Sikh girls get treated better by others and that is why they end up marrying outside the community.

The other attitude I find resentful is where parents allow Sikh girls to go out with non Sikhs but seem to resent when their daughter decides to meet a Sikh whom they know. This is due to their "honour system" which becomes even more important if the boy is from a caste different than their own.

Sikh girls do share the responsibility of our religious welfare, but in general it is the Punjabi attitude of men that is the problem. They tend to feel that women have no place when it comes to guide the destiny of our religion. We tend to prefer the Taliban example. Think clearly how many Gurudwara councils have women who are leaders? Some councils do include women but only as far as they remain quiet?

I trust that it is not the suggestion that girls start wearing a head dress similar to a Hijab? I notice that lot of Sikh girls are already tending towards that but it is not necessary to be a Sikh on the outside.A dress should not be used to hide behind, one should be proud to say one is a Sikh if he or she is proud of the philosophy of our great religion. It is more important to be a Sikh in deed and in practice. Symbolism in my view is what is doing more damage than good.

I agree that the girls can contribute towards improving the situation by going out with Sikh boys, getting to know them and becoming a part of the solution rather than running away from it and marrying non Sikhs.

UPSingh
UPSingh
Active Forum User

Postby punjabiguy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:36 am

Hi all,

My parent told me a short story which goes like this:

A queen told a sikh that if he cut his hair then she will marry him. So the sikh cut his hauir and went to her the next day. She told him, if u cant be with your religion (keeping your hair) then how would u be with me your whole life. Well i am not sure if the story exactly went like that but the moral was that if u cant be faithful to a big thing as religion, then how can you be faithful to a girl.

So i pity all those cutting thier hair for girls. Girls themselves are always saying they want a person with true love and they dont need money or a person's beauty, then why do they want cut hair sikhs. I beleive a girl will have a more happy and lovely life with a good hearted person faithful to his religion, then to marry a guy because he looks better with cut hair....we should all remember beauty is in the eye of the be-holder, but as sikhs the most beautiful person to waheguru, in this world is a full gursikh (i.e. wo has followed rehat maryada). Guru Gobind Singh Ji said "Minu sikh piyara nahe, sikh to pehla rehat piyari"..
If you break an egg from the outside....a life ends.....if an egg breaks from the inside......a life begins......to live life, look at your inner self and not your outter self
punjabiguy
New User

Postby VictoryEverlasting » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:59 pm

wjkk wjkf

My recent visit to India revealed a lot to me...including the new CASTE System in Sikhi. haha
So, if you want to marry our daughter/son, then you must be same caste
jat
arora
Khatri
bhappe
Ramgharia
I guess are a few to name..if you're not the same caste, its not going to work out.
Unbelievable!
oh and there are some people who say they want 'Sikh..but also a trimmer'

As if all the above wasn't enough, I then found out
very common to have Guruji's prakash in the house and still eat meat and drink!

Not everyone is like that, but almost everyone we interacted were with of the above opinion.
there are obviously plenty Gursikhs and look beyond all the above.
Just share what I found out recently and was an eye opener for me.

so 'trimming' is not the only issue here, is all I want to say.
VictoryEverlasting
New User

Previous

Return to Sikhi Discussion