what is true meaning of guru fateh

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi

Re: what is true meaning of guru fateh

Postby james233 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:10 am

You are fighting for Waheguru(read truth).Do not worry about victory or loss as they are not yours.They are of waheguru(read truth)and needless to say that truth is victorious at the end of the day.WJKKWJKF
james
james233
New User

Postby ADS » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:48 pm

bill33 wrote:what is the true meaning of " waheyguru ji ka khalsa, waheyguru ji ki fateh "

I used this phrase many time following my elders. But this question kept me thinking a bit more about it. I think, when Guru g spoke this phrase to his khalsa fauj, which was ready to march for battle, it was more meaningful to that situation than how we generalized it over the ages.

The simple meaning is that all good things belong to God. i.e. in this phrase it is Khalsa and Fateh (Purity and Victory).
This was quoted for motivation. But in reality Impurity and Defeat also belongs to God. Isn't it? Combine vice and virtue together, it become more meaningful, as Guru g named its fauj as Khalsa fauj, so even the defeat of fauj will belong to God. Which means the results of the battle even if lost belong to Khalsa is belong to God. And the second part of the phrase counter balances it with victory belong to God. By saying so, Guru g ordered eveyone that whatever be the results in the battle, it all will belongs to God as per God will.
ADS
New User

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:31 am

hello
everyone
thank u actually I'm also having the same question
and got the answer from this forum
" waheyguru ji ka khalsa, waheyguru ji ki fateh "

Previous

Return to Sikhi Discussion