Sikhs losing our warrior culture?

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi

Sikhs losing our warrior culture?

Postby SukhrajSingh13 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:03 pm

I think us Sikhs now a days have lost our warrior culture. We think that Sikhi is only about sitting indoors and praying but we need to realize the warrior part of our religion. Just look at our Sikh symbol the Khanda, it's two talwars, a chakar, and a Khanda (Don't worry, I know the meaning of them so you don't need to tell me). Read the Dasam Granth and Sarbloh Granth it is full of being Warriors. Sikhs carry kirpans but their Kirpans are dull, they need to be sharp kirpans so if needed we can protect people and ourselves with it. Some Sikhs are against guns?? How can we be against Shastars when Guru ji says

"Shastran kai adheen hai raaj"
Rule (power) is dependant on weapons.

"Jite Shastar Naamung, namaskaar tamung
Jite Astr Beyung, Namaskar Teyung"
Where a weapon is named, I bow there
Where a thrown weapon is placed,
I bow there.

"Saang sarohi saiph as teer tupak talvaar|| Sattraantak kavchaant(i) kar kareeai rachchh hamaar
As kripaan dhaaraabaadh sail sooph jamdaadh|| Kavchaantak sattraant kar teg teer dharbaadh
As kripaan khando kharag tupak tabar ar(u) teer|| Saiph sarohi saihathi yahai hamaarai peer"

Guru Gobind Singh ji has told us to be Shastartari and to be Tyar Bar Tyar but why are some Sikhs against weapons? Why are we losing our warrior culture in Sikhi. We Sikhs are supposed to be Sant Sipahis, spiritually like a saint but martially and physically like a Soldier. Why are so many Amritdhari Singhs and Kaurs carrying Kirpans but have no idea on how to use them, we need to teach our children martial arts and practice the traditional living of a Khalsa which being a Sant Sipahi. Get as many shastars as you can and only use them to defend people and to defend yourselves. Forgive me if I made any mistakes.
SukhrajSingh13
New User

Re: Sikhs losing our warrior culture?

Postby singhbj » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:23 am

Whom do you consider a warrior,

Sikhs in Army or dressed up punjabi/maratha ?

Civilised or uncivil person ?
singhbj
Power User

Return to Sikhi Discussion