Dhan Shri Guru Granth Sahib as president of Gurudwara

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi

Dhan Shri Guru Granth Sahib as president of Gurudwara

Postby maninder singh chugh » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:20 pm

I am of the strong view that Dhan Shri GURU GRANTH SAHIB being a living guru is also the president of all Gurdwaras. I hope all the members of sikh community in this earth believe and trust that Hon'ble Guru Granth sahib, who is managing and guiding to all its student(sikhs), can also manage the Gurudwara also.

I also believe that Hon'ble Guru Granth Sahib can be nominated as President candidate in coming election of Gurdawra Committee ? Please express views
maninder singh chugh
New User

Re: Dhan Shri Guru Granth Sahib as president of Gurudwara

Postby AS Khalsa » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:16 pm

maninder singh chugh wrote:I am of the strong view that Dhan Shri GURU GRANTH SAHIB being a living guru is also the president of all Gurdwaras. I hope all the members of sikh community in this earth believe and trust that Hon'ble Guru Granth sahib, who is managing and guiding to all its student(sikhs), can also manage the Gurudwara also.

I also believe that Hon'ble Guru Granth Sahib can be nominated as President candidate in coming election of Gurdawra Committee ? Please express views

Brother, Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our Guru, and they shall always have our love and respect. But your idea, though indicative of your good intentions and character, is somewhat fanciful. Guru Sahib guides our lives through their teachings, but they lack the agency to manage funds and organise events, which you would agree are the duties of a Gurdwara President.

Making Guru Sahib the nominal head of a committee would also be unnecessary. I think it pretty much goes without saying that in a Gurdwara, a 'House of the Guru', the Guru reigns supreme.
AS Khalsa
Power User

Postby maninder singh chugh » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:01 am

Khalsa Ji, My Hon'ble Guru can also manage funds and organize as HE is only provider of funds and teaching us about GREAT ONE organizer of this earth.It is only our mindset that human being is required for organizing the funds . Sikhs(not specified as President) of my Hon'ble Guru can perform any duty as savedar e.g.safai sevak.langri . I am also of the view that designation such as President, Vice President ,Secretary are also not terminology of sikhism and most of the problems relate to these designations in Sikh religion.
maninder singh chugh
New User

Postby CA Gurleen Kaur » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:38 am

There is nothing wrong in this notion but the situation sikhs have reached today is far away from this notion. We are losing faith in our Guru. If that is restored, we will understand Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the true Guru and not just a book but actual jot of God..' Pargat Guran ki deh' we need to apply this in our daily lives then not only the problem of president of Gurudwara sahib, all our problems will be solved..
CA Gurleen Kaur
New User

Return to Sikhi Discussion