true sikh

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi

true sikh

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:22 pm

hello everyone out there the question i ask?who is a true sikh????is that person who wears a turban has long hair ,and taken amrit , is that person a true sikh because that person has changed the way they look?????i dont think thats right unless you change your attitude towards life can you become a true sikh, a clean mind and love and respect for everyone and everything out in this world i personally think is more important than just change you look and carry on like before. i have experiened that the people who have taken amrit, thing that,that is enough they have done there part ,and carry on their lives like before. please write your views and experiences and your personal thoughts about the topic.
Palo kaur singh

Re: true sikh

Postby Romesh Kumar » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:09 am

ragpalo wrote:who is a true sikh????is that person who wears a turban has long hair ,and taken amrit , is that person a true sikh because that person has changed the way they look?????i

Looking at social, political and legal aspect,yes he is a Sikh. Whether he is a true Sikh or not is a different issue altogether as meaning and definition of 'a true Sikh' may differ person to person.
Thanks.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Postby Sikh2014 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:18 pm

I agree with the comments so far, I think I want to add a poem,

A true Sikh is never bored
They are the leader in their life
Unique voice, looks, style and character
Waheguru's hugs and blessings at all times
Stress free family, well earned salary
Loved by the local's no matter the age

By Sikh2014
Sikh2014
Active Forum User

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:08 pm

no i thinl that is wrong, that are people who are miss using the word sikhi how can the differ from person to person as we all knew that the 5 ks and all the bani is not just to be read but you should follow it in your own life so i think no buts and ifs about the meaning of a true sikh. how would you call a sikh??????

Postby Romesh Kumar » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:23 pm

ragpalo wrote:no i thinl that is wrong, that are people who are miss using the word sikhi how can the differ from person to person as we all knew that the 5 ks and all the bani is not just to be read but you should follow it in your own life so i think no buts and ifs about the meaning of a true sikh. how would you call a sikh??????

Then kindly elaborate on your own definition/meaning/description/opinion on 'a true Sikh'.
Thanks.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Postby singhbj » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:13 am

singhbj
Power User

Postby Nihal Singh Kanakpuria » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:42 am

For a start i dont understand why a Non Sikh has the need or urge to respond on Sikh related questions , Moderators is it not enough yet ? atleast in such scenarios append that the person responding follows Hindu faith.

Ragpalo,

Why do you spend so much time judging others ? Have you met all Amritdhari Sikhs to come to this conclusion ?.

There is no such thing as a True Sikh or a False Sikh, a Sikh is a Sikh as simple as that, some Sikhs may practice their faiths with a lot of conviction while others may not, Some Sikhs maybe inwardly and outwardly focused, Some only inwardly and some only outwardly.

Now if you want definition pls refer to the link singhbj posted

-Nihal
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Postby Romesh Kumar » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:04 am

Nihal Singh Kanakpuria wrote:For a start i dont understand why a Non Sikh has the need or urge to respond on Sikh related questions , Moderators is it not enough yet ? atleast in such scenarios append that the person responding follows Hindu faith.

I agree, since moderators of the forum do. I myself am not interested in engaging in discussions deeply related to religious beliefs and practices of any religion, nor I do. I found this term 'true sikh' more of a social nature and am genuinely interested to know from initial poster. Being conversant with Sikhs and Sikhi I responded genuinely with what I know but wish to know more from learned Sikhs. Every one knows or could know the definition and description of a Sikh in general but my point was and is to know the views of initial poster on 'a true sikh'.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:05 pm

i am still waiting for my old replies to be put on net

Moderator note: Thanks for participating on this forum. Your old messages were returned to you with moderator notes explaining why they were returned. But you keep posting this question above instead of reading those notes. Are you reading the email account that you are using for this forum? The emails from Sikhnet could be going into your junk/spam folder. This is something you need to solve. We will be rejecting such questions from you without further explanation.

Postby drake » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:36 pm

iId say that a true Sikh is one who follows the teachings of the guru and keeps fighting against the five vices their entire life.
classic lurker srs
sikh crew too strong
drake
New User

Next

Return to Sikhi Discussion