Gurbani Media Center - Suggestions & Feedback

Place to share your ideas and suggestions and discuss topics related to the Gurbani Media Center section of SikhNet.

Gurbani Media Center - Suggestions & Feedback

Postby gmustuk » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:13 pm

We are about to release the new Gurbani Media Center section of SikhNet and once we do, we would love to hear what you think about the service! I'm excited to see how it grows and how people use it. The more people use it and the more Gurbani is added we will start to see this new section take shape.

Please let us know your ideas and suggestions for improvement. This has been a HUGE project for the past 6 months and with your support we will be able to continue improving this service.
gmustuk
SikhNet Team

Re: Gurbani Media Center - Suggestions & Feedback

Postby dalbir » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Satnaam JI

Hi Sikhnet really love what you have done with the website one small suggestion is to use adobe flash enviroment for the radio instead of having .m3u which usually load up in real media player for me or windows media player for others just like how you got your stories have a small flash box to click and have a stream in the browser. Perhaps you could use a really fancy player maybe with a display of Sikhi to the max or just nice visuals. But please work on in browser flash radio.

Thanks.

Satnaam ji
dalbir
New User

Postby Satnam1105 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:47 am

Dubai / Addis Ababa
Dear All of Sikhnet,
The effort is really appreciable and hats off to all who have concieved this idea. I would like you to get the paths especially Japji Saheb and Sukhmani Saheb, the english version to be loaded and can be down loaded in i-Phone or i-pad.
Keep it up. With all the best wishes and guru blessings.
Satnam
Satnam1105
New User

Postby Neelam » Thu May 27, 2010 1:15 am

Sikh people have sacrificed their lives and honor for their motherland Bharat.
However, Bharatiyas do not realize this. But I do. I have decided to live and die for the well being of Sikh people.
My heart bleeds and tears fill my eyes when I am reminded of Guru Arjan Dev's sacrifice and the sacrifice made by millions of Sikh people in 1984.
I'll always be with the Sikh people who made such supreme sacrifices.
Only God can bear such pains as Guru Arjan Dev and the Sikh people of 1984 made.
My support to you Sardar Satnam Singh and your friends, I am a part of you
Wahe Guru Ka Khalsa, Wahe Guru Ki Fateh
Neelam
New User

Postby sher_singh » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:13 am

GMustak Singh Ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Brilliant Job!!! I have been dreaming of such a website. You have implemented all pf the features I dreamt of - Gurbani search being serached by the Shabad primarily and not the Keertaniya (the later is available on most other Sikh Keertan websites; however, you do have the later as well, which is good!), displaying the Shabad being recited, brief summary of Guru Saheb's Keertaniya (the Shabad/Gurbani recitor), availability of same Shabad by different Raagi Singhs (Most liked feature). Bravo!!!

Although I think it might be in the checklist for Gurbani Media Center 2.0, I would like to recommend one step - which might evolve into a complete project at a later stage.

It is material for Gurbani Keertan learners. This can have:
1) Basic Introduction to Raagas and Taalas
a) What
b) Why
c) How
2) Advanced course on Raagas and Taalas
a) Aroh and Avroh of different raagas available for download/hear
b) Shabads based on different Raags available to be heard/downloaded

This list would increase gradually and get converted into a dedicated website.

I completely understand that the material for this is something very hard to collect and maintain. For this I would recommend if it is possible for you to work together with Sarabpreet Singh, the maintainer of www.gurbanisangeetproject.com

The Shabad being displayed while it is being recited shall have an option to download in pdf/.doc/.docx format

3)
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
sher_singh
Active Forum User

Return to Gurbani Media Center