Need to find the shabad kirtan sang at a funeral

Discussion of music, Gurbani, Raag and more. Musicians, Ragis and Jathas can network here

Need to find the shabad kirtan sang at a funeral

Post by Guest »

Hi

I need to know the kirtan that was playing at a recent funeral. Though my punjabi isnt too good I only managed to understand a few words.

They words "murghee" was said a few times just in the first 2 or 4 lines and it had the following words near the start of the kirtan:

meer murhgee (meaning: i have died)... ....,

The shabad sounded very deep and a bit blunt and bold in meaning. Also it was sang before the ardas.
Does anyone experienced in gurbani have any ideas please as to what shabad this likely could have been?

Thank you
singhbj
Power User

Re: Need to find the shabad kirtan sang at a funeral

Post by singhbj »

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

It is possible to locate Gurbani (Shabad or Verse) by using

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/search.asp?spicy=1

http://www.searchgurbani.com/?normal_view=1

Words you mentioned aren't sufficient to obtain desired result.

Try asking someone who was there, whether they remember one full verse of that Shabad.

In future,

Remember to ask the Kirtania or Granthi Sahib after Divaan.

If you are tech savvy then use your mobile to record the recital, most phones have this facility.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Post by Guest »

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Was expecting more comments, but I guess its best not to comment if you have nothing to say.

Yes this will help me out and is my only hope since I was trying to find a gurbani verse search, but had not sufficient luck, so thanks.

WJKK
WJKF
Mickel Jacson
New User

Post by Mickel Jacson »

First time posting, so sorry in advance for any inconvenience or confusion. I was just wondering how the whole Raag system works with the guru granth sahib ji, I have been previously told that you can sing all of the guru granth sahib ji but with recent research I learnt that japji sahib has no raags included. So I was wondering how this worked. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated
FSL: