Who is to blame ?

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Who is to blame ?

Postby Romesh Kumar » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:33 am

Dear Readers,
is there no Sikh or Punjabi organization in Punjab to look after the condtion of grand-children of martyrs ? Please read the news below. Unbelievable but true.

Grandson of Udham Singh given financial help
Syed Ali Ahmed
Tribune News Service

New Delhi, March 13
Jeet Singh, grandson of freedom fighter Udham Singh who lived in a penury at Sunam in Sangrur district of Punjab, was felicitated and given a cheque of Rs 11 lakh as financial assistance by an NGO Andolan : Ek Pustak Se.

The cheque was handed over to Jeet Singh by proprietor of Lokmat Times Vijay Darda at a function held here today.

Jeet’s plight came to light when Shivnath Jha, a Delhi-based journalist had started a mission to write a book on freedom fighters and their children. The book - “Forgotten Indian Heroes : Their Neglected Descendants - 1857 - 1947” - was released by Darda at the function.

The is a pictorial coffee-table book has been compiled, edited and published by Shivnath Jha and his wife Nina Jha under the aegis of “Andolan Ek Pustak Se” to provide a dignified life to Jeet. The book comprises the descendants of more than 22 martyrs and their families.

Jeet Singh, a labourer, said: “Now my life will be better with this money. This has happened with the help of the NGO that reached Sangrur asking parental address of my grandfather Udham Singh, who was hanged on July 31, 1940, in Pentonville prison in London on charges of killing Sir Michael O’Dwyer - governor of Punjab when the Jallianwala massacre had taken place.”

“Having seen my financial condition, Jha was gave a commitment to help me. Earlier we had land, but now many of the family members depend on their daily earnings by working in factories and construction sites. I also work as a daily wage worker,” he said.

With tears in his eyes, Jeet said he was proud of his family. He was thankful to Shivanath and Nina Jha and also Vijay Darda for their “much needed” help.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Re: Who is to blame ?

Postby shailenderkumar » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:04 am

Almost everyone is selfish today they think for themselves first and never think for others. We've many rich people in our country but they don't want to help needy person just want to enjoy their life.

There are good people as well but they mostly are poor who can't help even if they think. We're human being and most intelligent creature but we're not ready to help anybody. We need to change our mindset and that's really not easy.
shailenderkumar
Active Forum User

Return to Questions and Answers