How do I tell Panj Pyare About my Kuhret

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

How do I tell Panj Pyare About my Kuhret

Postby kaurr---- » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh

I have made a horrible mistake and engaged in sexual relations with another amritdhari. We both feel horrible and want to take amrit again. We did not have sex or have oral sex, but we did do mutual manual sex, how do I tell the Panj Pyare this? My punjabi is not too good and I feel so horribly ashamed, I do not know how to word this in Punjabi to the Panj Pyare - what should I say? How should I say it? PLEASE help me.
kaurr----
New User

Re: How do I tell Panj Pyare About my Kuhret

Postby IJJSingh » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Kaurr---- ji,

First of all, do not be too harsh on yourselves. We all make mistakes. Panj Pyare are there to help you prepare for the future rather than dwell on the past. Go to an Amrit Sanchar in your area. They will ask you if you have taken amrit before. If they do not ask, please let them know that you have taken amrit before and are here to retake amrit because of a kurehat. They will guide you through the rest of the process, you do not need to be nervous. In many cases, the Panj Pyare do not even ask you what type of kurehat was it (they simply say in ardas that Guru is forgiving and knows your transgression). In some cases, they may ask you the type of kurehat but without any details. If they do, ask their permission to speak in English, and then explain to them briefly the way you mentioned in your post. Panj Pyare may offer you advice for the future, may assign you a tankhah (usually some seva at guruduara), and would let you take amrit again.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh
IJJSingh
Active Forum User

Return to Questions and Answers