remove bad thoughts

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

remove bad thoughts

Postby kaur1233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:38 pm

fateh,

i just want to ask i keep thinking really bad thoughts and it is stressing me out too much throughout each day.

also i do paath as much as i can like rehraas and sometimes dukh bhanjani sahib, but even when i do paath i think really bad thoughts which makes me repeat the bani...please give me a solution.
kaur1233
New User

Re: remove bad thoughts

Postby Bundha » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Benji,

Have a think why these thoughts do not appear in your head when you are watching TV or reading a book or magazine or when you are having a really good natter with a friend. Why do they only appear when you are doing good things like paath or simran? In some ways you can say that you are on the right path because these thoughts are coming into your head.

There are entities within yourself that are trying to dissuade you from travelling down the right path. Everytime you start naam simran they pop a bad thought into your mind. You then get very upset and stop your simran. You may even thing that it is all futile, might as well give up because those thoughts cause you great pain and discomfort - then they have won!

We must leave this life triumphant, we cannot lose this battle else another janam is waiting for us.

So what to do? First recognise that these entities are within you and fighting you. The battle is being fought over your mind, if they win you leave naam/simran, if you win (you will never beat them but you can subdue them) you meet your Guru.

Everytime a thought comes into your head, first remember it is not your thought, then dismiss it and warn them off. In your mind warn them off! it may sound strange at first but keep at it. Next do a quick benti to Guru Sahib Ji "O Guru Ji these are not my thoughts, they are trying to stop me on your path, forgive me". Then carry on with your paath. Do not get caught up in guilt, you have done benti and asked forgiveness now move on and love your Guru. Slowly you will see improvements, you will never overpower Kaam/krodh/Lobh/Moh/Hankaar but over time they will lessen and you will be more dominant.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji Guru Gobind Singh Ji Guru Granth Sahib Ji Dasam Granth Sahib Ji.
Bundha
Power User

Postby cloud » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:58 pm

How can we stop negative thoughts? - YouTube Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCpJR3_A47U

One more thing that helps is to do your sadhana.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxXNuohATUc

Wake up 30 minutes earlier then usual and take a cold shower (begin with feet only) and then recite japji sahib.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxXNuohATUc

Then gradually build up.
cloud
New User

Postby kaur1233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Thank you for both replies. I just want to say these thoughts are coming everyday of every minute I don feel good I was bullied and they are popping in my head 6 to 7 years ago. And I have a lot of problems at home from my family. It gets to me too much sometimes I feel good but lately very bad thoughts are occurring not just when I recite bani but every minute. I will look at the video thanks
kaur1233
New User

Return to Questions and Answers