Shift of work place

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Shift of work place

Postby ravjot.kaur9 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:11 am

Ssa everyone
I got married last yr which was an arranged wedding.My husband works in western India and is trying to shift to north as his parents are living there.I also want to shift to north, but the problem is despite of his hard attempts over the past 1.5yr there is no positive sign.Both of us are well qualified in our respective fields but neither he is satisfied with his job here nor am i able to find a good job for myself despite of all efforts.Our minds are at total unrest due to this chaos.
ravjot.kaur9
New User

Re: Shift of work place

Postby singhbj » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:31 pm

Sat Sri Akal

If you can't find a job then why not become Self Employed.

Think about giving private tuitions to kids or college students.

Another option is trading on Flipkart, Snapdeal, Amazon.

Buy stocklot from manufacturers or importers and retail online.
singhbj
Power User

Postby ravjot.kaur9 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:47 am

Ssa ji
Thanku for d valuable advice.
ravjot.kaur9
New User

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:19 am

Sister,
You need to first identify that are you (and ur hubby) not satisfied with the Job or it's just the place which isn't working for you both. Every place has it's pros and cons hence after sometime you are bound to suffer from same agony after shifting to North because this thing is very human. We usually get bored from a place soon. But if you live closer with family then of course it's something different. But as a women that may bring you another set of problems, you know what I am talking about haha, it's also very natural. I second the opinion of singhbj too you can try this out too, only if u are not happy with your work only.

Gurfateh Sis

Postby ravjot.kaur9 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:21 am

Ssa every1
I appreciate ur efforts to reply to my problem, but the point which i am stressing here is that, we both are family oriented persons and want to stay near the family.
I want to know if i could do some paath (prayer) specifically for shifting our location and making things work for both of us.
Thanks.
ravjot.kaur9
New User

Postby Singh2000 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:53 am

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Ravjot Kaur Ji,

Gurbani is not a black magic. You read some particular line to solve you problem. In realty, when we solve one problem, other problem comes, then solve that, other comes and so on. This problem circle is never ending. To end this problem circle we need to read, understand and follow Gurbani.

Gurbani (or Naam or Shabad or Hukam) is a blessing to make us like God. God has no problem. The majic of blessing starts when we start our life as per Guru’s teachings.

We all are family oriented but for some it is just spouse, children, brother, sister and parents. As per my thought whole universe is my family. It lives in my heart and I live with them. We are one. So I never miss any one because all lives in my heart.

I find Gurbani blessing magic in my life. Waheguru’s blessing makes our life easy, comfortable and in chardi kala. Without doing much effort all our problems solve easily or stopped work start working. These Naam vibrations changed our life.

With normal nitnem we (with my wife) started reading one page of SGGS with understanding and started analyzing our life as per guru’s teaching. Slowly our understanding about guru’s teaching increases and becomes habit. Now habit is difficult to change. We know as per Guru’s teaching what is right or wrong because Guru leads our thoughts not mind.

But I find it is very difficult to read one page of SGGS every day with understanding and determination of change our self. We can do all hard work, do lot of prayers, spend lot of money and do whatever right or wrong things to solve our problem, but can’t change our self that is most difficult part because mind is our leader not Guru.

Sister starts reading SGGS with understanding and lives your life as per guru teaching. Waheguru will bless you. If you guys are bold, just leave that job and start search new job in your interest area. You will definitely find good job with Waheguru’s blessing.

Thanks!
Singh2000
Active Forum User

Postby ravjot.kaur9 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:48 am

Ssa evry1
Thanku for the replies..
ravjot.kaur9
New User

Postby IJJSingh » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:12 am

Bibi Ravjot Kaur ji,

During my routine reading I came across a verse in SGGS which may help in your predicament.

As per gurmat, we can "be happy", but we cannot "plan to be happy". When we are thankful in hukam we become happy instantly. The moment we "plan to be happy", we are not content in hukam and we are employing wishes and worries to change our situation, and then happiness becomes elusive, because wishes and worries are never ending.

The Guru has given us many amazing things which should make us ecstatic. Instead we take these for granted and become miserable because one little thing is not going the way we want. I want you to conduct the following two small tests on yourself:

1. Of all the things you possess today, pick the one which you think is the most important. Then imagine for a moment how devastating would it be if you lost that thing. This should give you the idea how thankful you need to be because God has given you that thing without you even asking. ਦਸ ਬਸਤੂ ਲੇ ਪਾਛੈ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ ਏਕ ਬਸਤੁ ਕਾਰਨਿ ਬਿਖੋਟਿ ਗਵਾਵੈ ॥ ਏਕ ਭੀ ਨ ਦੇਇ ਦਸ ਭੀ ਹਿਰਿ ਲੇਇ ॥ ਤਉ ਮੂੜਾ ਕਹੁ ਕਹਾ ਕਰੇਇ ॥ He obtains ten things, and puts them behind him; For the sake of one thing withheld, he forfeits his faith. But what if that one thing were not given, and the ten were taken away? Then, what could the fool say or do? (SGGS 268)

2. There are roughly seven billion people on this planet. Imagine how many billions in this world would be willing to give up a lot just to trade places with you. I bet these people would do somersaults in glee if they are granted what you already have. Now you can understand the amount of reasons God has already given you to be happy. If you are still only planning and placing pre-requisites on becoming happy, then can you ever be happy?

The above doesn't mean that we should stop doing or trying anything and not wish, worry or plan about anything. There are good wishes/worries/plans and there are bad wishes/worries/plans. Good worries/wishes are the ones which incent us to do things which we can manage. For example, wish/plan/worry helps me to get to work on time every morning. Bad worry would be if I started dwelling on the fear that I could die in a car accident while driving to work. So please do not give up things which you can undertake to improve your current situation - just remain positive and thankful while doing so.

Sorry for the long winded preamble above. Coming back to your ask. I did come across a verse in SGGS which I believe you could use as a paath for help in your situation. The Guru says that our happiness depends on being one with God. Imagine that God resides in a fort. The entrance to that fort is hardship. Wishes and worries are two shutters on this entrance. The entrance is guarded by resentment. Material things and worldly attachments fill the moat around this fort. We need to use our hardship to our advantage (because we remember God more when we face a hardship). We can use the hardship as an entrance door to meet God, provided we do not get mired in wishes, worries and attachments and become resentful.

ਦੁਖੁ ਦਰਵਾਜਾ ਰੋਹੁ ਰਖਵਾਲਾ ਆਸਾ ਅੰਦੇਸਾ ਦੁਇ ਪਟ ਜੜੇ ॥
Pain is the door, and anger is the guard; hope and anxiety are the two shutters.
ਮਾਇਆ ਜਲੁ ਖਾਈ ਪਾਣੀ ਘਰੁ ਬਾਧਿਆ ਸਤ ਕੈ ਆਸਣਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਰਹੈ ॥੨॥
Maya is the water in the moat; in the middle of this moat, he has built his home. The Primal Lord sits in the Seat of Truth. ||2|| (SGGS 877)

Please repeat the above verse as many times as you need. Remember you are the boss, and anytime your mind goes into worries, recite the above verse and make your mind listen to it.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh
IJJSingh
Active Forum User

Postby jasnoor2034 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:08 am

dear ravjot kaur 9
it is quite a rare intention of this generation . you guys are desperate to live with your elders otherwise many girls want to live away from in-laws.. Gurbani tells us that Ardas is the most powerful connect with our Father.
Jee ki birtha hoye su gur pe ardas kar
chodd siyanap sagal mann tann arapp parr {ang 519}
one thing more i was listening to a katha the other day...i wish to share in this context ni asarey ho k ardas karo.very important . waheguru ji tuhade bina sadda koi nahi.. draupadi krishan ji nal gusse hoyi der nal aye ho ..all of us know this i shall not go in details , Krishan ji said you did'nt call me whole heartedly... tainu bharosa c ki tainu tere pati jo bahut bal budhi wale san terri rakhya karengey, bhisam pita tainu bacha lengy, ya tu apne danda wich apni saree da palla dbba lengi when she was on the verge of being insulted she wailed in sorrow and held both her hands up towards the sky in utter helplessnesss aa jao krishan ji ...HE said i came at once.. so both of you please don't loose heart you are newly weds enjoy your time... Be positive & good luck.....
jasnoor2034
Active Forum User

Postby ravjot.kaur9 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:19 am

Ssa ji
Firstly thanku ijj singh ji for ur reply.I totally agree to what u wrote.I know gurbani tells us to be a gurmukh and accept thankfully whatevr Waheguru gives us with..

Secondly dear jasnoor2034
Ur words were very kind and positive .The krishanji part was very true .thanku fr sharing.
Thanku
ravjot.kaur9
New User

Return to Questions and Answers