Is anybody near Solono County California?

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Is anybody near Solono County California?

Postby glw30 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:24 am

Okay I'm just gonna say it, is anybody near the Fairfield CA Gurdwara? I've been stewing over going for the first time for almost a year now and its one of those things where, I wish I had somebody to introduce me. I know I shouldn't think this but, I do... I'm white, I have very little idea of what order things happen in there, culturally I am a complete outsider. So, anybody know anyone close to Fairfield CA?

Thanks!
glw30
New User

Re: Is anybody near Solono County California?

Postby VeeruS » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:50 am

I am not from Fairfield, CA but from Fremont. I am not sure how they cook langar in Fairfield. But, in Fremont, the easiest way to introduce yourself and be part of the sangat is to join them in doing service in the kitchen. Just go there and start helping them with anything, e.g., chopping the vegetables or even making rotis and cleaning dishes.
VeeruS
Power User

Return to Questions and Answers