Pet cremation question

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Pet cremation question

Postby Tod Pohlmann » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Hello,

I am a director at a pet cremetory and memorial service in Livermore called Valley Pet Loss Center. I wanted to get some advise or guidance on pet cremation for the Sikh community.

I would like to know about any customs, needs or anything to avoid doing while dealing with a families beloved pet. I have a family that may be bringing me their pet to perform cremation services for and I want to be as respectful as I can.

Thank you for your time,

Tod Pohlmann
Tod Pohlmann
New User

Re: Pet cremation question

Postby Gaganjeet » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:40 am

we need to cover the body with a plain cloth that can cover the entire body. U can put some fragrance, flower.And, there is a small prayer KIRTAN SOHILA that has to be read after the cremation.

https://www.3ho.org/kundalini-yoga/shab ... eful-sleep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE3Pj-6HqmM
Gaganjeet
Active Forum User

Postby Superstar » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:37 am

There are no cremation rites for dogs. Do what is best based on your circumstances and situation.

Gaganjeet, who is the Sohila for and why does one need plain cloth?

Why does one need to put flowers or fragrance on dead dog?

Please don't spread non-Sikh practices on the name of Sikh faith.
Superstar
Active Forum User

Postby Gaganjeet » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:00 am

When Guru Hargobind Sahib gave mukti to a python this is what he did. You need to do some research. Sikhi is not special only to humans. it respects people as well as animals and not to mention all living beings. Reading Gurbani for anyone is blssfull and opens that souls doors to Blessings from the heaven. Kindly dont be a fanatic.
Gaganjeet
Active Forum User

Postby Superstar » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:42 am

Gaganjeet wrote:When Guru Hargobind Sahib gave mukti to a python this is what he did. You need to do some research. Sikhi is not special only to humans. it respects people as well as animals and not to mention all living beings. Reading Gurbani for anyone is blssfull and opens that souls doors to Blessings from the heaven. Kindly dont be a fanatic.

You should stop listening to so-called sant babas telling you random Sakhis and should learn from Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
Superstar
Active Forum User

Return to Questions and Answers