How to know when you are ready for Marraige

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

How to know when you are ready for Marraige

Postby Nimue2 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:44 am

I travel a lot for work.

I just turned 29.

All my friends and family are married. I am alone. I feel alone. I try and find solace in Sikhi but something is missing.

Its hard for me to find a partner. I've tried. Now Im sitting in another foreign country in a job that I used to love that I now think may be keeping me from happiness.

How do you know when this feeling is because you want a partner for life?
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
Nimue2
New User

Re: How to know when you are ready for Marraige

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:55 pm

The Guru has written a different destiny for us all. Some are meant to remain single. Some marry late.

Some want to get married but just can't find partners. You just need to remain contended with your life and pray as much as you can. When you eventually get married, you will have additional responsibilities.

We have been born on this earth with a purpose. The purpose is to meet our true creator. When you are single, your time is your own. You can spend much more time on reading gurbani and other religious stuff.

Return to Questions and Answers