Lust and Sikhi

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Lust and Sikhi

Postby Almighty Khalsa » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:00 pm

First of all, i dont have alot of lust. I hate sexual activities no matter it is good or bad. I feel guilty after looking at gross stuff or even poeple in actual life. i do know that it is normal to think gross, but what can i do to overcome these acts? i do read bani and im pretty religious. This is not a serious thought, i just need advice and get closer to Waheguru. Thankyou and please. WJKK WJKF :D
Almighty Khalsa
New User

Re: Lust and Sikhi

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Reading through the SGSS, the goal of sikhi is to to realise the dasam dhuar. This is the opening which connects us to Waheguru.

On page 122 it says Indri vas sach sanjam jugta. Gur ke shabd sada har dheyae eha bhagat har bhavneya.
They control their sexual desires and thier lifestyle is the self discipline of truth. Through the word of the Guru's shabad, they meditate forever on the Lord. This devotional worship is pleasing to the Lord.

On page 124 nao dhar thake dharat rahae. dhasve nij ghar vasa paye.
Those who close off the nine gates, and restrain the wandering mind come to dwell in the Home of the tenth gate.

The nine gates are our nine bodily openings which are the 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 nostrils. mouth and 2 excretory organs. When we can control all our senses fully then the tenth gate which is the dasam dhuar will open and we can sense waheguru. This is what we should be working for. If we give in to lust then we will have difficulty establishing a true and pure relationship with waheguru.

Return to Questions and Answers