Chanting Waheguru during sexual activity

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Chanting Waheguru during sexual activity

Postby amar20 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:23 am

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

I wanted to know if chanting Waheguru during sexual activity either in the mind or aloud is right or wrong ?

Thank You
amar20
New User

Re: Chanting Waheguru during sexual activity

Postby swarn bains » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:27 am

saying wahiguru in the mind or loud is alway a blessing no matter what time or what you are doing
swarn bains
Power User

Postby Romesh Kumar » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:07 pm

amar20 wrote:Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

I wanted to know if chanting Waheguru during sexual activity either in the mind or aloud is right or wrong ?

Thank You

It is up to individual regardless of his/her religious faith to pray/worship/chant Waheguru simultaneously during sexual activity.
Can you throw more light on purpose it would serve(in your opinion).
Thanks.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:47 pm

Saying Waheguru is meant to be done with concentration in order to be able to connect with the creator. This would be very difficult to do during sexual activity.

Praying to God to send a divine soul before trying to procreate would be a different category. I dont think both activities are possible at the same time in the correct manner and enjoyability.

Chanting Waheguru requires the connection of our dasam dhuar. Sexual activity engages the senses. In order to chant Waheguru successfully and reap the full benefits - we should pray with respect. Cover our head, light some incense and steep ourselves deep into meditation.

Postby Bundha » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Waheguru should be repeated with every breath we can manage. A breath taken in and exhaled without the name of the Lord on it is a breath wasted.

Maajh, Fifth Mehla: Ang 106
The Supreme Lord God has unleashed the rain clouds.
Over the sea and over the land-over all the earth's surface, in all directions, He has brought the rain.
Peace has come, and the thirst of all has been quenched; there is joy and ecstasy everywhere. ||1||
He is the Giver of Peace, the Destroyer of pain.
He gives and forgives all beings.
He Himself nurtures and cherishes His Creation. I fall at His Feet and surrender to Him. ||2||
Seeking His Sanctuary, salvation is obtained.
With each and every breath, I meditate on the Lord's Name.
Without Him, there is no other Lord and Master. All places belong to Him. ||3||
Yours is the Honor, God, and Yours is the Power.
You are the True Lord and Master, the Ocean of Excellence.
Servant Nanak utters this prayer: may I meditate on You twenty-four hours a day. ||4||34||41||

Formal setting for naam simran is very good, but we shouldn’t just leave it for the quiet corner in the house, repeat His name with every breath, whatever you are doing, whether at work or play. Become so absorbed in His Naam that you remember Him wherever you go and whatever you do.

AkaalPurkh is with you at all times, we all know this, but who actually acknowledges this in their everyday life?

When you get ready to go out, do we ask Guru Ji’s permission? When we are ready to leave the house do we say “Lets go our Guru Ji, we have some shopping to do”? When we fancy a cuppa do we ask Guru Ji whether they would like tea or coffee or milk? When we take a drink of the cuppa do we say “this sip is for you Guru Ji, and this sip is for me”?

This is not a fanciful exercise, this is fundamental to our relationship with our Guru, our father. Once you establish this relationship then Guru Ji sees that this Sikh recognises me everywhere and you start on your path to your Guru.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji Guru Gobind Singh Ji Guru Granth Sahib Ji Dasam Granth Sahib Ji.
Bundha
Power User

Return to Questions and Answers