patches in beard

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

patches in beard

Postby Amitojsingh89 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:15 am

Hi ,
Actually I am facing a serious problem , I have a big patch on right hand side of beard due to which I couldn't b able to tie a beard . From one side beard is long from the other its almost nill. I am working in MNC bank and have to fix this issue . It couldn't b possible to open the beard all the time because it not equal from both sides . Hairs had gone from roots . I am in huge depression and most important I don't want to cut my beard , so please please please help me out and get me a solution to d same ...... Waheguru g mehar Karo .
Attachments
IMG_20150709_185219.jpg
U can see patch on one side
IMG_20150709_185219.jpg (351.64 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Amitojsingh89
New User

Re: patches in beard

Postby singhbj » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:31 am

singhbj
Power User

Re: patches in beard

Postby Biriabc » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:23 am

WJKK
WJKF

The problem that you have is that of “Traction Alopecia”. It is due to the pulling of the hair from the roots as you twist it into a knot. Make sure that you don’t do this. Leave the beard open at home and when on holidays.

You could try topical steroid cream such as Betnovate to encourage some stimulation for regrowth of the hair. How successful it is going to be is difficult to predict.

People have tried Minoxidil based topical lotion for beard growth. The lotion has to be in contact with the skin I believe for over four hours and can cause skin dryness and irritation. Again the success rate is variable.

It may be worth talking to a doctor to get the up to date information before you try any pharmaceutical option.

Changing the way you tie the beard will definitely help to prevent the situation from getting worse. As suggested by Bhai Sahib Singhbj, you could try the net.

Gur Fateh
Biriabc
Active Forum User

Return to Questions and Answers